An exciting opportunity to further your career demonstrating service excellence and integrity in the wind service operations field.
The Field Service Technician must perform scheduled maintenance, troubleshooting, part replacement, and retrofits as necessary to maintain quality and availability for our customer. Must maintain safety and professionalism and keep accurate and detailed records of parts used and work performed. Technicians report to the site manager and/or site lead and communicate any needs and safety issues that may arise in a timely manner as part of the SGRE team.
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems with developed problem solving skills independently and efficiently.
• Must be willing and able to work in stressful and sometimes dangerous situations, and in all weather conditions with varying work hours including overtime.
• Must deliver quality in all job aspects in a timely manner while maintaining safety at all times.
• Willing and able to climb 85m ladders daily.
• Flexibility to work outside of planned ours and willing to take on additional assignments as needed to maintain a high quality wind project for our customer.
• Willing and able to travel to assist other sites as requested and to maintain safety and technical certifications as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Minimum of 1 year of wind technician experience.
• Must demonstrate knowledge and understanding of hydraulic schematics and electrical schematics.
• Must have experience in electrical, HVAC, or aviation field, or possess a renewable energy technology certificate or equivalent.
• Physically and mentally able to climb wind towers up to 300 feet sometimes multiple times per day.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Required to maintain a body weight of no more than 265lbs as required by safety equipment restrictions.
• Willing to travel up to 100%.
• Able to pass a physical examination annually administered by a medical examiner to ensure ability to safely perform job functions and handle the stress and physical demands of the position.
• Must maintain a clean driving record and pass pre-hire and random drug screenings.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience as a troubleshooting technician in Siemens wind turbines preferred or 2 plus years hands on work experience in the field at a wind power site.
• Relevant work experience e.g. electrical, mechanical, hydraulic maintenance/troubleshooting in a military, industrial, or automotive setting.
Job ID: 186981
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.