In this role, you will be writing automated tests for Siemens’ next-generation building automation web applications.
Top 3 Critical Skills We Are Seeking:
1. Experience writing and maintaining automated tests in Protractor for Angular applications
2. Ability to collaborate in international, multi-site development in an agile environment
3. Comfort with embedded devices and virtual machines
What We Will Ask of You:
• Develop test designs and test cases for verification and validation of product functionality through manual and automated tests
• Document traceability of tests to associated functional and non-functional requirements, justifying efficient and effective coverage
• Write and maintain suite of automated Protractor tests in an inner-source collaboration apprach
• Collaborate closely with development team in driving a test-first approach
• Participate in review of product specifications with respect to testability and provide feedback
• Report on test status and outcomes to Sr. Test Design Professionals
• Collaborate in international, multi-site development in an agile environment
• Comply with documented Siemens development processes
• Drive CI/CD improvements
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unit States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor degree in related discipline or advanced degree, where required. Certification may be required in some areas.
• Solid working knowledge of industry-standard testing methodologies.
• Solid knowledge in at least one test automation platform (e.g. Protractor, Jasmine, Selenium).
• Experience with test plan management tools (e.g. Quality Center, TFS).
• Understanding of object-oriented principles
• Solid knowledge of virtualization technologies and platforms.
• Power user knowledge of modern operating systems and IT networks/infrastructure.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills in global setup.
• Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to stay current with technology.
• Successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Job ID: 186986
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.