In this role, you will be developing Siemens’ next-generation building web applications.
Top 2 Critical Skills We Are Seeking
designing and implementing Angular web applications
Ability to collaborate in international, multi-site development in an agile environment
What We Will Ask of You
• Proficient in design, implementation, testing, troubleshooting, and enhancing software applications for large building automation systems.
• Collaborate with product management and senior architects to understand and elaborate market requirements to propose and implement product designs.
• Contribute and review software methodologies for product design and model documentation.
• Advanced understanding of quality attributes and their impact on software products, design, and development.
• Collaborate and contribute in international, multi-site development in an agile environment.
• Consume and contribute back to inner-source components
• Develop and run automated tests for verifying system application functionality using an appropriate language or platform.
• Mentor junior developers in best practices
• Create and review technical documentation for internal process and external customer support.
• Participate and propose design alternatives via prototyping, pair programming and expert reviews.
• Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to stay current with technology.
• Participate in resolution of field problems in application of existing products based on thorough system impact analysis.
• Ensure that secure coding practices are followed
• Drive CI/CD improvements
· Some travel may be required (~10%)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or advanced degree, where required.
• 5-8 years developing web applications
• 2+ years building Angular 2/4/5/6/7/8 apps
• 1+ year serving as technical lead in a scrum team
• Solid knowledge of virtualization technologies and platforms
• Power user knowledge of modern operating systems and IT networks/infrastructure
• Strong communication and collaboration skills in global setup
• Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to stay current with technology
• Successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above
Job ID: 186986
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.