Responsible for material handling of all forms: Inbound, Outbound, Put-away and Inventory.
- Ability to promote and ensure a safe work environment; identifies, communicates, and eliminates hazards encountered during regular course of work.
- Focused on meeting or exceeding the level of excellence of products, services, and work activities–measured against preset standards; able to identify flaws and take corrective action.
- Willingly assists others by offering guidance, sharing knowledge, teaching skills, or directly performing a task in order to help out. Puts team objectives ahead of personal interests.
- Willingly accepts organizational changes and responds to changes with appropriate urgency and actions. Reacts to anger, frustration, and disappointment constructively (i.e. finding humor in situations; finding solutions to problems, using relaxation techniques; etc.).
- Ability to think in three dimension; being able to mentally generate, rotate, and transform visual images.
- Geometric Shapes Matching: Ability to group different types of shapes together based on form, size, depth, etc.
- Moves freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, or containers, by hand, use of forklifts and/or other equipment.
What are the responsibilities of this role?
Job involves typically working indoors, being assigned to any of the different shifts, occasionally lifting heavy materials, wearing common safety equipment (e.g. cut resistant gloves and sleeves, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs, etc.) being exposed to loud noises and the possibility of bumps, cuts, and scrapes.
- Unloads material from incoming trailers and places in staging areas
- Breaks down pallets, sorts material by Stock Keeping Unit, counts, and separates
- Places material away in proper locations while maintaining high standards
- Stocks and maintains correct inventory levels
- Picks/Packs materials to prepare for assembly or shipment
- Palletizes materials, band/wrap, weigh, and load onto trailers
- Uses SAP to do receipts, transfers, and shipping transactions
- Discards scrap and/or defected materials that are not serviceable.
- Initiates scrap tickets to generate part replacement orders.
- Operates forklift and any other powered/manual material lifting/handling equipment for loading material onto, or unloading from trailers
- Performs other work as directed by Supervision.
What are the required skills, education and experience for this role?
Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Must be able to work standing for the duration of the shift
- Must be able to reach, grasp, lift 50 lbs , and push/pull/slide heavy material
- Must be able to make coordinated movements of the hands and arms to grasp and move objects.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, squat, crawl, and climb
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 1-2 years of experience in inventory management functions.
- Specialized Training: Forklift driver
- Knowledge: Basic shop math
- Basic computer skills , and use of basic mechanical/measuring tools
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 187027
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.