Are you ready to gain valuable Environmental Health Safety experience through collaboration with one the World’s Leaders in manufacturing of large drives units? If so, seriously consider partnering with Siemens in Norwood, Ohio where you will be able to gain hands on interaction with every phase of heavy manufacturing and assembly in a 100+ year old business with a union workforce as the catalyst. This internship presents both environmental and occupational safety challenges. The job details are summarized as:
You will report directly to Environmental Health Safety (EHS) Manager out of our Norwood, OH location, where you will work to improve the Health, Safety, Environmental and ISO processes and procedures within a heavy manufacturing, union facility. The position will include several independent projects as well as collaboration with managers throughout the facility. You will have the ability to assist in the in the guidance of EHS programs to address government regulations standards while fully comprehending and addressing their implications on the facility. You will also assist in the evaluation of EHS performance of the facility and completion of all employees training in EHS policy and procedures and be able to suggest solutions and improvements to EHS issue/challenges.
- You will assist in the management of key environmental/safety projects to further progress the ISO certifications and participate in developing structure for ISO document management
- You will participate and conduct in environmental/safety audits
- You will have the ability to participate in presenting basic employee training on environmental/safety items and maintain the database for tracking attendance as well as complete Job Safety Hazard Assessments of critical processes within the facility.
- With our training you will be able to complete most basic regulatory reporting (workers compensation laws & RCRA annual reports/permitting, OSHA, EPA, DOT, etc.): and understand the implications of the regulatory requirements on the facility.
- You will support the completion of semi complex written programs required by regulatory authorities.
- You will assist and participate in the investigation of minor incidents and supports the investigation of major incidents.
· Enrolled in a 2- or 4-year college/university. Preferred 2+ years of college coursework completed
- Concentration in Health/Safety, Environmental, or Chemical Engineering.
- Completion of some safety/environmental coursework
· Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Strong computer skills: Excel, Word, Powerpoint
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS degree (or working toward) in Industrial Safety and Health and/or Environmental
- 2+ years of experience as a Health/Safety Engineer with environmental experience preferred
- Plant level experience is a plus.
- Electrical safety background and familiar with high voltage electrical systems.
- Familiarity with NFPA (National Fire Protection Agency) 70E requirements.
- CSP (Certified Safety Professional) a plus.
- ASP (Associate Safety Professional) a plus.
- Safety inspection reporting and hazard resolution experience is a plus.
Job ID: 187086
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.