We are looking for a highly motivated software engineer to join the R&D team developing Design-for-Test tools as part of the Tessent product line. These advanced tools are part of the industry-leading Tessent platform and are vital for testing and validating ICs that are being built across the semiconductor industry.
The candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing software products/features including writing specifications, planning, schedule estimation, and implementation keeping in mind the project timelines, objectives, and goals. Tessent DFT solutions focus on test insertion and testability analysis not only at the gate-level but at RTL as well. As the complexity of designs keeps on increasing along with shrinking design cycles, there is a trend across the industry to push much of the DFT analysis, insertion, and validations at RTL. Therefore, the candidate should have very good knowledge of RTL and design flows along with C++ programming to develop tools that will work for RTL and gate-level designs. The candidate should be conversant with System Verilog and VHDL so that he/she will be able to develop tools that analyze, introspect, and modify the RTL.
The candidate will be responsible for collaborating with other engineers that are part of the development, quality assurance, technical marketing, technical publications, and customer support teams to enable timely delivery of high quality products.
Self-motivation, ownership of technical problems, results driven positive attitude, solid teamwork, and good communication skills are essential for success within the business unit.
The successful candidates must possess the following combination of education and experience.
• BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or other related field.
• 3+ years of Software Engineering experience in C++/Unix and Tcl.
• Good knowledge of digital logic design along with hardware description languages, such as Verilog, System Verilog, and VHDL.
• Knowledge of DFT and best known industry practices are desirable.
• Knowledge and experience in all aspects of a design flow – such as test, synthesis, simulation, formal verification, and timing optimization, is necessary.
• Strong analysis, design, and problem solving skills along with object oriented programming practices.
• Attention to details and the ability to accurately estimate software tasks and delivery on schedule.
• Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Job ID: 187109
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.