From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
Opportunity has arisen for a Sales and Tendering Commercial Manager to join the Siemens Mobility in Melbourne. Reporting to the CFO of the company, this role has it's main mission of managing controlling & reporting and commercial tasks in Sales areas to directly support effective and profitable Business and supports accountable management in assigned area of responsibility.
- Supports accountable Sales Management, provides advice and proposes measures regarding commercial topics.
- Supports implementation of financial and business administration policies, standards and procedures, for the assigned organization unit.
- Checks content and analyses supplier and/ customer contracts, to ensure compliant and standardized contract management.
- Manage the preparation of complex bids or tenders for project business from commercial perspective.
- Coordinates and organizes all financial and commercial activities within the scope of the applicable business processes for sales and bidding.
- Guides complete and timely elaboration of all necessary financial/commercial documents for the sales and bidding process, e.g. contract analysis, evaluation of risks, project selection, bid/no-bid decision, and internal management approval process (LoA).
- Reviews and approves bids (LoA) within responsibility Business Unit / Segment or local entity.
- Performs ongoing optimization of organization, procedures and processes to ensure rationalization potential, to optimize productivity and to increase customer satisfaction.
- Guides technical partners in commercial and financial matters.
- Leads Sales related target discussions with different stakeholders
- Ensures contract Management / Contract Structuring for internal and external business (Contract Analysis, clarifications, deviations, tax analysis (PATAC), contractual risk evaluation, insurance concepts)
- Ensures Bond and Guarantee Management during the Bid phase
- Takes responsibility for the commercial correctness, Credit worthiness check of external customers, and hand-over-process of project calculations to PM.
- Completes foreign currency calculation in the offer stage.
Previous experience in:
- A degree qualified in a related (Engineering, Business Management, Marketing, IT or Communications) area.
- Around 10 years’ experience in large and small bids as well as proposals experience
- High level of understanding of Rail Signalling solutions and CS portfolios
- Proven track record in winning bids
- Drive to provide innovative and enticing proposals
- Has current understanding and continues learning on relevant technologies
- Methodical in following a process
- Calm approach to tight deadlines
Competences to have for this role:
- Outstanding Leadership skills
- Knowledge of Financial Controlling
- Advanced Commercial Management
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments
Job ID: 187118
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time