The Senior Procurement Engineer (SPE) will be involved in the product development, sourcing and procurement engineering processes to optimize the cost, reduce the lead time and support in development of supply-chain to achieve the target volume on-time for the assigned products/ components. The SPE will be capable of managing multiple priorities, deadlines and programs. The successful SPE will develop relationships with internal stakeholders and become a valued partner in the sourcing process.
This position is based in the Wendell, NC office and reports to the Head of Procurement of Siemens Smart Infrastructure, Distribution Systems business unit. This position is an individual contributor.
- Early Procurement Involvement: Be actively involved in the product development/ manufacturing process and pushing forward cost reduction measures (design to cost, target costing, standardization, Value Engineering, etc.) to achieve the target costs for materials and reduce the overall material costs by fulfilling the necessary functions. Closely align with R&D/ Engineering community, Commodity Managers, Buyers
- Early Supplier Integration: Include suppliers and conduct cost-benefit analysis workshops, innovation workshops and concept competitions with key suppliers in order to concentrate on the key functions of the components/products.
- Analysis: Conduct and provide market information/ analysis on relevant global technologies and price trends in order to develop new competent suppliers and new technologies in the supply chain.
- Alignment of Technology Roadmaps: Introduce and follow up given cross-functional Procurement strategies to ensure the linkage of commodity strategies and technological market trends.
- Strategy alignment: Support activities planned by the lines of business in order to harmonize and implement the technological line-of-business strategies with procurement strategies.
- Strategy deployment: Drive sourcing decisions with interface partners in order to incorporate technological knowhow and safeguard security strategies.
- Business support: Provide input for supplier quotes optimization, BoM assessment, lead time reduction and on-time improvement.
- Supplier Management: Develop suppliers from the engineering standpoint (if necessary, jointly with interface partners), conduct suppliers audit and support SQM/ SQC initiatives of suppliers.
- Knowledge management: Participate in workgroups in order to stay informed and keep others informed and exert influence from an early stage.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in Electromechanical / Mechatronics product manufacturing
- 8 - 10 years’ experience in technical procurement and global sourcing
- Skilled in supplier interfacing, communication with supplier and project management
- Ability to understand product/ component design and discuss it with suppliers to optimize for manufacture
- Graduate in Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Ability to analyze material cost breakdowns and accuracy based on market values through strong analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Advanced technical skills assessing supplier capabilities
- Experience of complex problem resolution
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Global mindset & good networking skills
- Self-determined and goal oriented, strategic, proactive and team player with the drive to implement changes
- Ability to travel 15 - 20% within US and abroad
Job ID: 187123
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.