Siemens Mobility is an operating company of Siemens AG Germany. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalisation, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainable over the entire life cycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. Siemens Mobility Division has around 34,200 employees worldwide.
An opportunity has arisen for a Chief Financial Officer for Siemens Mobility Australiato drive our Finance team in our Melbourne offices. The successful candidate will direct, control and administer the financial activities of the Siemens Mobility business across its 8 offices in Australia and NZ. It will also provide the CEO and the Board with financial assessments and information to meet business activities and corporate goals.
This role is at a Director level participating of the Board members of the company having key liaison with the Country CEO, the Region CFO and heads of Business and function departments in AU and its Headquarters in Europe.
· Head of the finance organisation of the company and represents the Country in the Region CFO Management Meeting
· Together with the Country CEO is accountable for the implementation of the Country strategy derived from the global SMO / Region strategy and implemented in close collaboration with the headquarter Business Units / Segments
· Together with the Country CEO is fully responsible for the P&L for business on own account and facilitates the joint business of the HQ Units with the Country
· Responsible for all financial activities within the Country, such as budget planning, controlling, target setting, reporting & performance measurement, books & records rules & regulations, enterprise risk management, and ensures transparency
· Ensures effective business administration and manages the financial aspects during the business cycle (sales to execution to after-sales) within the Country in close alignment with the HQ units (e.g. Limit of Authority process, project reviews)
· Drives business performance (e.g. foster contract mgmt., cash mgmt.) and ensures efficient resource allocation to enable growth opportunities, leverage synergies and optimise cost base within the Country (e.g. foster lead cost, digitalisation, sharing & pooling, resource mgmt.)
· Ensures integrity, effective risk mgmt. & internal control system, compliance and statutory requirements within the Country in close cooperation with the Siemens Mobility Finance Functions and HQ units
· Responsible to implement an ensure adherence of all global mandatory Siemens Mobility rules, regulations and processes and drive standardization
· Close collaboration with the Siemens Mobility Finance Functions to ensure an efficient setup and to enable effective governance and support within the Country
· Manages the finance community within the Country (e.g. key staffing, career development, competence development, performance assessments, talent development, foster diversity, organizational development, best practice sharing)
· Strengthen regional empowerment and enable the organization to grow own business across complete SMO portfolio
· 10-15 years’ experience in finance/accounting with at least 10 subordinate staff in a large organisation
· Significant senior experience working in a multi-national environment and a matrix organisation
· Key subject matter knowledge/experience in the following areas: P&L responsibility, accounting, finance, audit, project management
· Accounting or economic qualifications and preference for post graduate qualifications
· High level business experience and acumen
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Job ID: 187137
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time