As the world’s only integrated technology company spanning the entire energy conversion chain, Siemens Gas and Power works across all business and technology interfaces with an integrated portfolio of products, solutions and services. Our breadth of offerings from power generation, transmission and distribution, along with our proven expertise, allows us to provide end-to-end energy solutions to meet the growing needs of the local market.
An exciting opportunity is available for a motivated Senior Project Commercial Professional to join our Gas and Power Transmission Solutions team based in our offices in Macquarie Park, NSW. The primary responsibility will be for the completion of all commercial/financial related tasks to contribute to project success within the Gas and Power division.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the compliance with the LoA guidelines for all commercial aspects.
- Ensuring the accuracy of project books and records, including recording of such in the appropriate systems, e.g. SAP and ensuring their compliance
- Supporting the Project Manager so that the financial results according to the set targets are managed, optimizing the project gross profit, cash flow and assets and financing instruments.
- Actively communicating with customer's and subcontractors’ commercial representatives while managing the resolution of commercial issues.
- Contract management throughout the project delivery phase.
- Together with the PM proactively setting up a contract and claim management strategy in the project.
- Supporting the PM in identifying, evaluating and assessing risk and opportunities, strategies and response activities
- Supporting the Project Manager to select and involve partners / subcontractors.
- Representing the project in the relevant decision boards internally and externally.
- Agreeing on targets with commercial project staff and delegates
- Leading commercial project team members to act according to the Business Conduct Guidelines and establishes a culture of trust and integrity.
As a commercial team member within Gas and Power, depending on your area of interest, you will have possibilities to extend your understanding of reporting, accounting and controlling and will have an opportunity to contribute to process improvements within the team and division.
You will be degree qualified in Business, Commerce, Accounting or Economics, with sound understanding of Project Management methodologies. You will have demonstrated experience in a project based organisation which is essential for this role, as well as capabilities in project accounting. Your strong leadership and communication skills, ability to build sound working relationships paired with your T&C knowledge, strong SAP and Excel skills will ensure your success in this role. We trust that you will contribute to improvements in processes and working practices while always keeping in mind the target of making our customers’ lives easier. You will also have full working rights in Australia.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Job ID: 187158
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time