Are you interested in working with us as an Electrical Test Technician?
We need your help to shape the future through electrical engineering. We are hiring hardworking individuals who can work under close supervision on our manufacturing site. We offer an opportunity to test variable frequency drives, sub-assemblies, various components and equipment. In the position you will report directly to the Manufacturing Supervisor onsite. Can you help us build a better tomorrow?
- Assisting the Tech II and Tech III with connection and energizing of final product with low, medium, and high voltage.
- Evaluate and test System Operating Programs to defined Test Plans.
- Lift and position products to precise location using overhead crane and other material handling devices (i.e., power jack, fork truck). Move/position product as required.
- Test, repair, and perform required maintenance of electrical distribution systems.
- Perform wiring, cable prepping, and assembling as per the wiring diagrams. Read and understand all related drawings including, but not limited to, assembly drawings, bill of material, test procedures and troubleshoot from schematics.
- Maintain safe, clean and orderly work area by utilizing 5S practices and follow prescribed safety regulations. Adhere to all safety policies and utilize all PPE.
- Actively participates in Safety and Lean initiatives.
- Assist less experienced associates.
- Work overtime as required.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Associate Degree in Electronic Technology or equivalent.
- Test equipment knowledge specifically, OHM meters, O’scopes, HI Potter, DMM, and Clamp-on CT's.
- Proficient use of basic hand and power tools required.
- Ability to perform responsibilities from Engineered drawings, blue prints, wiring schematics and bills of materials.
- Ability to climb to different heights and work at heights above waist level.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds may be required.
- Good written and oral communication skills required.
- Basic math and problem solving skills required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to perform Electro-Mechanical Technician responsibilities.
- Minimum of one year mechanical, electrical or related experience preferred.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. Siemens is rigorously demonstrating the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase efficiency and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Job ID: 187233
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.