Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
· Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Preferred sophomore or pre-junior status
- Able to work from our office in Livonia, MI without relocation assistance
- Ability to work 15 – 20 hours part-time throughout the school year, with potential to continue as a full-time intern summer 2020
- Victorious daily ping pong tournaments
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Location: Livonia, MI
Start Date: Spring 2020
Hours: Part-time during the school year; Full-time during the summer
Our Simulation and Test Solutions (STS) organization creates our Simcenter software products for computer aided engineering. Simcenter includes solutions for flow simulation as well as thermal, structural, motion, acoustic, and other types of simulation. Our marketing internship position is within this organization.
You will assist in performing competitive analysis of the simulation and test market segment with a focus on branding and product positioning. You will have the opportunity to:
- Conduct research on overall market position of various players in the industry including branding, positioning, key growth areas, financial performance, industry segments etc
- Prepare reports and present to STS management and staff
- Develop internal marketing materials on competition
- Recommend actions to improve market awareness or market penetration
- Assist in implementing marketing actions where appropriate including through appropriate use of social media, blogging etc
- Currently enrolled in a 4 year university pursuing a bachelor's degree in business/marketing
- Graduating in 2020 or 2021
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Remarkable time management skills
- Past experience with blogging required
- Interest in the software industry/engineering - the product line being supported is highly technical
Job ID: 187271
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Either
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.