Pre-Sales Business Development Consultant
- Engage with primary accounts to gather business and technical requirements, determine business needs and architect appropriate solutions within the Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) domain
- Critical lead in the development of successful sales strategies aligned to Campaigns and Value Streams for competitive displacement and broadening the overall SGT portfolio usage
- Utilizing advanced knowledge of customer business needs, engineering and manufacturing processes, industry best practices and competitive differentiation to lead pursuit teams that will prepare and deliver compelling customer experiences in support of selling efforts.
- Critical contributor within SGT Software sales process
- Maintain excellent knowledge of Aerospace, Defense, Federal and Marine industry, particularly for the US Navy.
- This candidate will be responsible to establish and build a trusted advisor and credible business and technical consultant relationship with clients and sales executives
- Oversee and guide the client in the selection of appropriate solutions and suites of technology
- Gather and advise the customer in the definition of high level business and technical requirements
- Provide guidance on the technical capabilities and business value of their current and proposed SGT solution portfolio
- Lead the development and delivery of presentations, demonstrations, proof of concepts, proposals and business and technology status reviews (e.g., TRBs, MRBs)
- Regular interaction with executives to become a trusted advisor
- Develop a strong high-level knowledge of the entire breadth of SGT's digital enterprise product design and manufacturing portfolio
- Manage customer technical queries and coordinate the resources that respond
- Support account managers and pre-sales resources in defining and executing on sales opportunities
- Lead the construction of meaningful collateral for client requests for information (RFI, etc.), proposals (RFP, RFQ, etc.), demonstrations and proof of concept exercises
- Excellent understanding of the Aerospace, Defense, Federal and Marine industry, with particular focus on the US Navy.
- Record and distribute results of client meetings and subsequent agreements
- Document and share best practices and customer success stories within the vertical, Business Unit and across the Digital Industries Software organization
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Excellent verbal group presentation and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills that positively influence teams with a common understanding of what success looks like
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience in PLM space, including proof of concepts, defining requirements and scope of PLM Solutions deployment, as well as being part of the selection process.
- Must have expert knowledge of Teamcenter
- MS/BS/AS in Engineering, Manufacturing or Information technologies
- Self-starter, motivated and able to work with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Experience leading and managing teams of technical and business consultants from within, and outside of their formal organization
- Must be open to an average of 60% travel, almost exclusively domestic
Preferred Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 5+ years of PLM experience
- 2+ years of expertise in digital enterprise space.
- Proven success and experience in an Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering role in the Aerospace, Defense, Federal and Marine industry
- Proven record of ability to present technology solutions in front of groups while incorporating specific selling techniques.
- Must have ability to obtain and maintain an active U.S. government Secret clearance
- U.S citizenship is required based on government requirement for clearance.
Job ID: 187280
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.