Cybersecurity Portfolio Manager
The Siemens Gas & Power Cybersecurity organization is responsible for developing and delivering industrial cybersecurity solutions to energy customers, enabling continuous growth of Siemens global industrial security business. The organization develops regional growth & expansion strategies; builds solutions that respond to market demands and meet our customers’ most critical security needs; and enables global sales & delivery teams to bring new solutions to our energy companies.
The Cybersecurity Portfolio Manager oversees the full portfolio of industrial security services, products, and solutions. This position is responsible for setting and managing the portfolio road map, applying market knowledge, competitive intelligence and regional input to identify R&D needs, and working with the Cybersecurity business owner to develop business cases and establish development priorities in line with strategic business objectives. The selected candidate will oversee product teams and have responsibility for ensuring projects are appropriately planned, resourced, communicated and delivered. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, with the ability to inspire cross-functional teams, think holistically about the different dimensions of bringing solutions to market, reach across the organization to tap into its wealth of knowledge and experience, recognize gaps and do whatever it takes to push the portfolio forward. As the primary point of contact for the cybersecurity portfolio, the person who fills this position must demonstrate flexibility and the willingness to handle a variety of both anticipated and unanticipated jobs, in order to meet the needs of the business. On any given day, this may mean developing custom solutions, designing & managing pilots, building new operational processes, developing commercial approaches, managing third-party relationships, supporting proposal efforts, meeting with customers, or presenting at conferences and trade shows. The Cybersecurity Portfolio Manager reports to the Head of Cybersecurity.
• Direct the portfolio road map, managing product priorities, timelines, project budgets, resources and product backlog
• Provide strategic direction for individual product initiatives, which may include setting the product vision, defining feature sets, making trade-off decisions or helping teams to overcome obstacles
• Spearhead market validation and testing for individual products or services, working with regional account managers and other customer-facing teams
• Drive the annual R&D financial planning process and manage the budget, including spending, forecasts and budget reallocation across projects
• Serve as commercial owner for complex portfolio initiatives, which includes development of pricing strategies, value propositions, delivery models and commercial materials
• Serve as a primary point of contact with external partners to support negotiations, plan customer specific opportunities, collaborate on technology road maps and advance the partnership(s)
• Continuously improve the Cybersecurity team’s ability to consistently deliver new solutions into the market, from the point of concept creation through customer delivery
• Contribute to initiatives across Siemens Gas & Power, working with other portfolio owners to identify and transform & standardize best practice product management processes and tools
• Contribute to a culture of transparency and collaboration, serving as the single point of contact in the cyber organization for communicating portfolio-wide goals, initiatives and milestones
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Business is required.
• MBA or Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
• 10+ years of experience required in product management or program management, with the ability to manage highly complex projects and cross-functional teams.
• 5+ years of experience with cybersecurity and/or industrial controls systems.
• Ability to quickly grasp highly technical concepts.
• A track record of using quantitative and qualitative data to influence decision making.
• Demonstrated experience distilling complex and high-impact challenges into concrete decision-points, and acting decisively.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and thrives in situations that call for setting a direction, learning through experimentation, and adapting with new information and knowledge.
• Focus and the ability to ruthlessly prioritize team commitments amidst competing demands.
• Emotional intelligence, including active listening, relationship building, and self-awareness.
• Experience with product management and collaboration tools, including MS Project, JIRA, Slack, Meeting Workplace, MS Planner and others.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Some P&L responsibility or budget management experience is required.
• Experience working in a global R&D function is strongly preferred.
• This position requires up to 25 percent domestic and international travel.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 187295
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.