This position will have the opportunity to be part of an exciting team responsible for the delivery of innovative building technologies. As an IT/Network lead and Subject Matter Expert, you will provide sales and operational support in the pursuit of complex technical projects. The IT Development Professional will be expected to provide leadership, overall technical direction, and guidance to the customer based on Siemens standards and best practices. This position will be responsible for assisting sales and operational teams through various stages of the project life-cycle; from pursuit, execution, and beyond. As a trusted adviser and reliable partner, a system integrator, service provider and product vendor, we help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – we are creating perfect places.
This position is based in the Northeast Zone.
This is an IT / Network Engineering centric role which will require working in various team environments. This role is customer focused and requires efficient communication skills, including the ability to distill complex technical issues and effectively communicate outcomes to nontechnical audiences.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Provide technical delivery for complex network and/or integration projects
- Maintain technical expertise on IT related solutions, tools, and products through continuing education initiatives
- Assist in the development and delivery of formal cost and technical proposals
- The creation of schematic designs, bill of materials, and scopes of work as related to IT / Network architecture and as required to fully elucidate and summarize complex integration projects
- Project documents review (RFP, RFI, etc.) and strategy formulation to address IT requirements
- Project cost development in close collaboration with sales and operations teams including budgets and value engineering exercises
- Field application engineering including site surveys, customer needs assessments, troubleshooting, software updates, etc.
- Collaboration with multiple manufactures and 3rd party service providers as needed to fulfill project requirements
- Zone based resource reporting to National IT Field Operations Manager
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- 5+ years of experience in IT/Networking
- 5+ years of experience in converged building infrastructure solutions
- Current advanced networking certifications – (CompTIA Network+ or CCNA Minimum)
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and remediate issues pertaining to advanced IT networks and solutions
- Significant experience working and collaborating in a team environment - leveraging remote collaboration platforms
- Strong understanding of IT/Networking and Low Voltage markets including a thorough understanding of construction procurement and management processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 30% travel is required for this role
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in Information Systems/Technology, Network Engineering or a related discipline
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Visio
- COMPTIA CySA+ (Cybersecurity Analyst) Certification is highly desired
- IT/ELV manufacturer certifications are highly desired
Job ID: 187315
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.