Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372, 000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Infrastructure Division as a Metering Project Engineer and to help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
You will be responsible for delivering grid metering systems through the end to end project life-cycle including; design, delivery, installation, commissioning and hand over to clients.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
Where will my new role sit?
Siemens has a long history of providing end-to-end electric Solutions for networks metering. We provide specialist and proven design capability, manufacturing, testing and commissioning in dedicated facilities. At our UKAS accredited laboratory we build high quality metering solutions for the precision measurement of energy in large capacity circuits. Our solutions are used by National Grid, major UK power stations, ABB, Alstom, Mitsubishi and others. In addition to our onshore credentials we also meter the energy generated by offshore wind turbines and naturally all of our work is independently verified.
Change the future with us.
- Engineer grid metering systems
- Deliver preliminary design and detailed design required for the project using CAD software
- Produce and maintain detailed schematics, GA, manufacturing drawings, cable schedules, I/O list etc.
- Deliver projects on time by creating and maintaining project plan, monitoring project progress, coordinating activities and resolving problems with support from Project Manager/Project Support Manager.
- Coordinate workshop, assembly and factory testing activities with support from Project Support Manager.
- Site Works - coordinate the delivery, installation and commissioning activities with support from Project Manager/Project support manager. Requires UK travel. Potential offshore working.
- Take ownership for full production and completion of commissioning and site acceptance documentation (FAT, SAT, as built drawings etc)
- Ensure projects are delivered safely and in full compliance relevant safety rules
- Technical support to customers and field engineers
What you need to make real what matters.
- Degree or HND/C in electrical engineering or related technical discipline
- Excellent knowledge of electrical design
- Experience in electrical or instrumentation engineering role
- Knowledge of Project management concepts - should be able to adhere to project management guidelines and processes
- Strong I.T. literate capabilities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills essential
- Good understanding of safe working practices
- CAD Experience
- Electrical inspection and testing qualified to BS 7671 18th Edition Regulations – beneficial.
- knowledge of Electrical metering / measurements beneficial.
- Knowledge of industry procedures and Elexon metering codes of practice beneficial
- Strong communication and Interpersonal skills
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live – happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, annual bonus, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. Siemens encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work and we support applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 187403
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time