Bid Manager – Heat Transfer Technology (HTT)
As the Bid manager, you will be responsible for design/feasibility of the Heat Recovery Steam Generator (HRSG) offer, the technical proposal/contract and the direct cost of the quoted project. He/she supports the HTT sales manager for external biddings and the SO bid manager in internal biddings during bidding and negotiation phase. He/she is responsible for hand-over to HTT project execution in case of order.
With your self-motivation, numeracy skills and commercial awareness as well as your knowledge and experience in Bid Management, you will be responsible for negotiating technical proposals while using strong project management skills to manage this process internally.
As the Bid Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that the best design, a sound technical proposal and lowest possible costs are put forward. Strong focusing on the proposal and contributing to the bid strategy.
- Leading the proposal team (lead engineers, supply and keypersons)
- Drawing up and carrying out the proposal schedule
- Arranging technical proposals (guarantees, technical/scope R&D’s, document delivery etc.)
- Coordinating with supply management to get confirmed prices and hardware delivery times from the market
- Arranging quality checks (design, specs, rates and quotes)
- Preparing risk summary (technical, cost)
- Attending tender board meetings
- Being the primary contact with client for technical/scope issues
- Actively participating in technical/scope negotiations
- Handing over to project execution (costs/design/scope/contract)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or energy related subjects.
- 8 years of experience in a technical business to business environment.
- Experience with capital goods in the field of heat exchange or boilers in an energy/chemical related business.
- Ability to build and maintain cross cultural contacts.
- Prior international working experience and must be willing to travel internationally on a regular basis.
- Understanding of general engineering principles as they apply to the equipment manufactured.
- Master’s degree in engineering preferred
- Knowledge HRSG experience
- Project Management experience is desirable
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Heat Transfer Technology Corp.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.