Responsible for the completion of commercial/financial related matters. Furthermore supporting the respective Project Manager in other areas with the objective of executing the project according to the defined Project Management (PM) standards, customer requirements and the applicable Financial Reporting Guidelines (FRG).
A professional collaboration between the CPM and the Project Manager is key for the overall project success.
CPM is responsible for all commercial related matters, including but not limited to handling Accounting, Legal, Tax, NCM and ECC topics. CPM ensures the compliance of applicable regulations during the offer and project execution phase. CPM is supporting the Project Manager in all other areas where a takeover of responsibilities is decided and/or a useful contribution.
Manage the project throughout the project Life Cycle
- Drives own empowerment with adequate signature authorization and project target agreement to manage the project as commercial project entrepreneur – primary projects to be worked categorized as ‘small’
- Supports the PM in managing and optimizing targeted financial results with due professional care (e.g. project gross profit, cash flow, assets and financing instruments)
- Ensures an adequate handover phase, analyzes customers requirements, examines their commercial and contractual feasibility and transferability, incl. ECC matters
- Drives the review and evaluation of the contract conditions incl. all attachments, ensures examination by Legal
- Supports the PM and ensures correct methodology for identifying, evaluating, assessing risks & opportunities, strategies and response activities
- For cross border projects: synchronizes contract structure with tax and delegation concept; preparation and signature of NCM mandatory documents
Manage Project Finances
- Ensures the accuracy of cost and pricing calculation as well as overall project books and records, incl. recording of such in appropriate systems, e.g. SAP
- Performs applicable requirements for month end activities
- Prepares commercial documentation for regular project status meetings and ensures the accuracy of the commercial project data (i.e. FC, cash flow)
- Ensures compliance with Siemens FRG and local GAAP requirements
- Ensures the application and the continuously managing of financial Guarantees, Bonds and project securities
- Supports the PM in identifying, minimizing non-conformance costs and establishing an appropriate reporting structure; supports the implementation of lessons learned into own project and the organization in general
- Manage the risks, contract and claims by ensuring compliance with LoA guidelines for commercial aspects, e.g. risk management process
- Manage the compliance to standards, rules and regulations of (commercial) project members to act according to the Business Conduct Guidelines and establishes a culture of trust and integrity (e.g. adherence of tax regulations, delegation of employees, ICFR, Signature rights, segregation of duties, ECC, EHS), OR, Legal and Compliance, HR (incl. Delegation process), ECC, Customs, external auditors, etc.
- Manages the customer's requirements and expectations with the PM.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- 8+ years of experience in Project Management
- SAP or Oracle experience and knowledge
- Small or ‘C’ Project management experience
- 10% travel
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree Accounting
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of assignments.
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
- 2-5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 187442
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.