As a Process Innovation Engineer, you will manage/direct medium to large-scale process improvement projects and initiatives in a heavy manufacturing, engineer-to-order environment. Implement measurement systems analysis, process capability improvements, and root cause/corrective action. Effectively utilize and influence cross-organizational resources to achieve both individual and team goals. Responsible for training both hourly and salaried employees in Lean methodologies and tools.
Your Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in and lead continuous improvement projects using DMAIC model in Lean Manufacturing setting.
- Use data analytics to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Improve operations through Root Cause Analysis/Corrective Action and Mistake Proofing.
- Change agent working with various shop floor individuals and work groups, supervisors, and managers.
- Manages projects to reduce scrap/rework and improve yield and product throughput.
- Pareto and identify key opportunities to reduce Cost of Scrap and Rework.
· Utilize formal and shop floor techniques from problem identification through mistake proofing.
· Flexibility in problem solving approach requiring cross-departmental interaction, technical challenges and workload/schedule constraints.
· Train shop and office personnel in the use of lean tools.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Skills/Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- 3 years experience in process improvement or change management roles
- Experience utilizing lean tools such as kaizen, kanban, 6S, TPM, Value Stream Mapping, A3, FMEA, and Six Sigma to develop improvements to manufacturing operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team
- Comfortable in developing and changing processes, documentation, and standards
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Preferred Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- 5 years of experience in process improvement or change management roles
- Experience with Mini tab or equivalent analytic software
- Six Sigma Black Belt
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 187463
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.