Director, Transmission and Distribution Sales
Siemens Gas and Power is making a difference in the future of energy. The U.S. field sales organization, Power Systems Sales (PSS), is currently searching for a Director of Sales to help lead the Region sales activities for transmission and distribution products to power and electric utility customers in the NorthAtlantic PSS Region. This position will report directly to the Regional Vice President.
• This is a management role within PSS and will be responsible for leading the sale of products, services and projects for the former Energy Management Division represented by PSS to power and electric utility customers within the NorthAtlantic region.
• Product responsibilities will include Transmission Products (HV breakers, transformers, GIS, bushings, arresters), Transmission Solutions (FACTS, HVDC), Distributions Systems (MV breakers, GIS, switchgear), Digital Grid (software solutions, automation products, eMobility), and Services for all of the products above.
• The successful candidate will be expected to accomplish the orders entered goals and target objectives by leading directly, indirectly and coaching a team of direct account representatives and sales managers as well as the external sales agents located in the Region.
• Responsible for developing and implementing Siemens strategic and operational efforts with region personnel and external region agents
• Position will require working closely with and supporting the PSS Solution organization to leverage & win complex large projects and cross divisional opportunities in the customer base.
• The Director will be responsible for the Transmission and Distribution Accounts in the NorthAtlantic Region which includes the MidAtlantic portion of PJM, New England ISO and NY ISO. The director will be expected to maintain relationships with customer leadership and technical experts (director and higher) and help facilitate relationship building by the rest of the sales team
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or business-related field.
• 10+ years of direct sales or business development experience with relevant transmission and distribution products, marketing, and/or factory experience.
• Prior experience leading a group of sales, business development, or service professionals with direct customer facing function.
• Possess a strong understanding of the products and services portfolio described above.
• Ability to listen to clients, extrapolate relevant data, and generate a winning strategy.
• Ability to effectively communicate and lead this defined strategy internally with multiple product lines in support of proposal responses and contract negotiations.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to provide leadership to the various product lines through the account team in devising strategy and sales plans to win.
• Develop region forecasts and ensure data integrity with the CRM Tools.
• Ability to identify talent and skills sets within the region team and leverage towards the right business outcome.
• Ability to develop region account team from skills, knowledge and experience through day to day OJT.
• Strong inclination towards personal development, coaching and mentoring to build high performance teams.
• Flexibility and willingness for domestic travel 50%.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 187512
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.