Mission of the Role:
Technically responsible for successful execution of EIT (Integrated Electrical, Instrumentation, Automation & Telecom) Solutions in oil and gas.
What are my responsibilities?
• Understand requirements for technical project execution based on the customer requisitions.
• Responsible for managing design and engineering process and coordinating all execution activities with the relevant internal/external parties and assuring that design and document submission are done in given time frame and quality requirements.
• Reviews technical specifications and drawings that are part of the RFQ and develops a work breakdown structure, define work packages and tasks for all participants in project engineering team.
• Executes the technical part of a project from his/her area of expertise and request assistance from management for other technical specialists needed
• Responsible for adherence to PM@Siemens and all internal procedures during the project execution process, related milestones and quality gates.
• Identifies and manages technical risks and opportunities and performs technical risk management.
• Reports on all engineering activities assigned and ensures timely decisions on open issues, escalating if necessary.
• Prepares inquiries towards subcontractors and suppliers and communicates with them together with SCM.
• Support sales on technical level in activities related to new opportunities development. Attends meetings and performs clarifications with customer.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
• University degree level in Electrical Engineering (Master/Bachelor)
• Work experience of at least 5 years in electrical engineering field (proposals, engineering, manufacturing, execution, etc.). Experience as responsible lead engineer for projects above 5 MEUR is an advantage.
• Extensive knowledge of Siemens MV & LV equipment, capability to optimize design solutions and familiarity with other manufacturer’s equipment on the market.
• Deep technical knowledge about third party electrical equipment (transformers, UPS etc.).
• Understanding of cost control and SCM general procedures is an advantage
• Experienced with international customers and ability to work with a multicultural team