Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of engineering? Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future in engineering? So do we. We believe our graduate programme differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes start your career with us at Siemens!
This is a rare opportunity to earn whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Begin your graduate journey with us whilst taking part in our fantastic graduate development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you to develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it you will be set up with the best knowledge to equip you for your professional career within Siemens.
- Gain an understanding of the business unit, including its goals, vision, services, departments, customers, and supply chain.
- Actively seek opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge.
- Actively participate with the business’ Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities.
- Understand and be able to fully undertake the daily activities associated with Rolling Stock Engineering.
- Gain an understanding of Rolling Stock safety issues from investigation, containment, and developing solutions.
- Understanding of electrical and mechanical design principles and be able to design practical solutions for our customers within our fleets.
- Ability to analyse users’ needs and then develop, design, and integrate those electrical or mechanical solutions that meets those needs.
- Use your excellent problem solving and logical thinking to be able to solve complex engineering problems.
- Resolve fleet technical and safety issues through electrical or mechanical design and integration.
- Work with internal customers such as Maintenance Depots, Digital Team, Commercial and Projects Teams on a regular basis as part of your daily activities and development within the Engineering team.
- Engage with external suppliers such as Train Operating Companies and Train Owning Companies.
- Work alongside our team of excellent engineers, benefiting from their knowledge and experience, helping to build your engineering knowledge, competence and develop you as an excellent Engineer.
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds.
- You must have completed or be working to towards completing a degree in Software Engineering or a related subject but you must show a passion for Engineering.
- Willing to travel as part of this rotational position. We want you to experience the different sites and areas of our business, so each placement may be in different UK locations.
- Have some experience/work-experience/internship in an engineering department, but it’s not essential
- Keen eye for analytics and problem solving.
- Self-determination to drive your own development through the scheme.
What else do I need to know?
You will need to go where this journey takes you. Alongside your role, the graduate development programme www.siemens.co.uk/grads will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of (insert discipline). Join us and apply now.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £28,000 per annum, plus an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit. (If the role is London based; a London Weighting allowance will also be offered).
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
Job ID: 187629
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time