Every day, mechanical engineers expand our world anew. But there is more to their ideas for machines and systems than just construction, simulation, and validation: they play a decisive role in shaping the technology of the future by always keeping their eye on the bigger picture. When you join our team, we give you a healthy serving of trust and responsibility, as well as the chance to work across international borders. So, you can keep your finger on the pulse of the times.
In This Role You Will:
- Provide support of existing products, drives Cost Value Engineering efforts and assists in the development of new mechatronic products.
- Design and develop mechanical hardware and devices including; actuators, valves, enclosures and accessories.
- Work with senior mechanical engineering personnel, electrical engineers, PCB designers, technical writer, approvals manager, technicians and others within the organization to coordinate development of designs.
- Assembles or directs the assembly of mechanical hardware and systems and other tasks.
- Use engineering and other software for project management, engineering, development (mechanical layout, mechanical component details and mechanical illustrations), and report writing.
- Prepares rough copy of technical documentation to support product designs.
- Works with outside vendors to optimize design and obtain costing for production quantities and tooling.
- Assists field employees in trouble shooting product problems in field offices, distributors or customer locations.
- May visit suppliers to assist in resolving their production problems.
- Generates development and product cost, schedule and mechanical engineering specifications to support design teams.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related field.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, assembly and fabrication for electro-mechanical devices and components.
- Good written language skills for generating progress reports and engineering specifications.
- Ability to use personal computers and software tools for design, working knowledge of Siemens PLM NX6 is desirable.
- 5-10% travel may be required
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Hands on mechanical
experience highly desired
Job ID: 187633
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.