- Year 1: You will spend your first year in college studying towards your Foundation and Knowledge qualifications, and we will begin integrating you into the Siemens community through work placements during the academic break.
- Year 2: College will be on a 1 day a week basis at this point. You’ll spend the rest of your time as part of a busy production team preparing trains for service, completing routine maintenance, and carrying-out fault finding. You will also begin your workplace-based Competence qualification
- Year 3: You’ll spend your third and final year continuing to develop and demonstrating technical, occupational, and professional competence, as you prepare for a role as a Traction and Rolling Stock Maintenance Technician. You will complete your Competence qualification and prepare your portfolio for End-Point Assessment.
- You should have 5 GCSEs 4-9 (A-C) 2 of them being English Language and Maths
- You should have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- As the apprenticeship involves completing academic qualifications and occupational skills developments, you should have good organisational skills and be able to manage your time appropriately.
- You must be willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly, and take ownership of challenges and ideas.
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however its also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
- You should be IT literate, able to use Microsoft Office packages.
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £12,500, with annual increments, at the same time and an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- As an apprentice, you will receive first-rate training and tuition from Siemens, the National Training Academy for Rail (NTAR), and your local College.
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medial care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
Job ID: 187635
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time