- Support the industrial steam turbine service business with detailed engineering technical support, including troubleshooting and repair recommendations. Provide engineering evaluations on as-received turbine equipment in repair shops. Perform the required calculations, make repair and upgrade recommendations, and release engineering instructions to manufacturing.
- Provide service repair quote support to the marketing organization and provide technical leadership during repair order execution. In addition, opportunity to serve as engineering lead for major projects, including R&D efforts by performing calculations, ensuring drawings are issued to required dates, and completing tasks within allocated budgets.
- Provide technical instructions to vendors, manufacturing, or field service for disposition of product deviations.
- Develop unique repair solutions to meet customer requirements, including cost and schedule demands in a safe and accurate manner. These typically include weld repairs, part replacements, or component modifications. Establish associated engineering task plans.
- Create instructions for new engineering drawings. Review, modify, and sign-off engineering drawings. Direct drafting personnel in day-to-day activities.
- Provide technical instructions to the field in support of equipment installation or troubleshooting activities.
- Provide technical support and leadership for root cause investigations.
- Support business cost reduction and process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to communicate and convey ideas effectively to peers, suppliers and customers, work in a team environment, and deliver technical presentations to customers and management.
- Occasional work during off-hours and weekends is required to support 24/7 manufacturing operations.
- Ability to assess technical risk based on available data and/or calculation results.
- Sensitivity to factors that may have commercial and/or manufacturing consequences.
- Strong fundamental understanding of mechanical engineering principles required, with focus on stress analysis, mechanics of materials, fluid dynamics, and vibration.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent required.
· FEA and Pro-E skills preferred, but not required.
· 10-20% travel expected, both domestic and international
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment.
Job ID: 187641
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Demag Delaval Turbomachinery, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.