Infrastructure is currently searching for a Systems Specialist II to support
our Building Automation business in Albany, NY. The Systems Specialist II
coordinates, manages, implements and/or performs technical product support for
• Works with engineering group to create and/or verify point database; creates/reviews job specific programming via computer for Building Automation System (BAS); creates /reviews and uploads point database, creates graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
• Verifies point database and programming operations are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed; drives issues to resolution.
• Partners with IT to configure remote desktop connections, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirm proper network performance.
• Schedules with trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed; coordinates network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
• Runs reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations.
• Completes and submits written reports; provides Plans and Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
- Prepare database and job-related programming for computer-based systems
- Execute test protocols and document results while supplying reports, screenshots and other supporting documentation
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred, however candidates with a combination of education (High School Diploma or GED a minimum requirement) and experience will also be considered
• DDC controls and temperature control automation experience with a concentration in HVAC and Electrical system start-up
• Programming Knowledge and/or experience
• Electrical Knowledge and/or experience
• HVAC Knowledge with BAS experience is preferred
• Electronic background and/or experience
• Networking background and/or experience
• Ability to integrate to 3rd party hardware and software solutions
• Ability to startup and commission networks
• Strong trouble shooting experience
• BACNET and Modbus Experience is a plus
• Microsoft certification is a plus
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 187664
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.