Travel Required – 20%+
The Head of Bids and Proposals is a field-travel based position that reports to the Head of EPS Sales – Americas. The position has overall responsibility to lead and manage the EPS Bids and Proposals organization which includes region-based proposal specialists and central based tools and resources used in the development of Sales bids, proposals and customer grant applications.
The position also maintains close working relationships with EPS Business Development Managers, the EPS Strategy office and Field Sales management to acquire and maintain market research information specific to the Energy Performance Contraction (EPC), Distributed Energy Services (DES) and Utility markets across the US., Canada and Mexico markets.
The Head of Bids and Proposals also serves as the EPS Sales organization liaison to the Siemens Marketing and Compliance organizations to maintain administrative support, approval and implementation for all customer sponsorships, EPS participation at industry events and administrative management of field Business Partnerships.
The EPS Head of Bids and Proposals supports the EPS Sales organization by working closely with the EPS Head of Sales and EPS field Sales management to assist in the prioritization and development of outbound communications programs that support growth in order intake and improve sales capture across the US., Canada and Mexico markets. The primary responsibilities of the EPS Head of Bids and Proposals includes:
- Management responsibility for a team of seven proposals specialists responsible for the development and delivery of RFI/RFP/RFQ responses for new EPC and DES opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a central library of response templates, market data and vertical product positioning documents that are used in the development of RFI/RFP/RFQ responses.
- Maintain vendors relationships and facilitate the required training for the implementation and use of an RFI/RFP/RFQ production application and tools (i.e., InDesign, etc.)
- Work closely with EPS sales personnel and current and future customers to develop grant applications that are specific to sales opportunities.
- Maintain close working relationships with the State, Local and third party organization sponsoring grant opportunities for EPS current and future customers.
- Works with sales management and sales personnel to prioritize Siemens EPS participation in Trade shows and industry events.
- Develop and maintain a central library of templates, market data and vertical product positioning documents that are used in the development of “Presentation and Education abstracts” for Siemens participation in panel discussions or presentations at trade shows and industry events.
- Maintain relationships with third party companies and event coordinators to facilitate all aspects of Siemens EPS participation at regional the national trade shows and industry events.
- Work with Siemens compliance and EPS Head of Sales to secure approval and implementation for field sales sponsorships.
- Coordinate all logistics to ensure successful EPS Sales participation in industry shows and events.
- Define, track and report attainment of goals and objectives for all tradeshows and industry events that EPS sales funds and participates.
- Provide regional tracking and reporting for all spending related to EPS Sales participation in sponsorships, tradeshows and industry events.
- Work with RSS and DES Business Development managers and the EPS Strategy organizations to provide and maintain access to a central information resources that provides up to date information related to legislative changes related to performance contracting, renewable energy and national, state and utility-based grants and incentives.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- In depth knowledge of the Siemens EPS value proposition and it’s application in target vertical markets which include, but not limited to: commercial and industrial, healthcare, higher education, state and local government, and the public and private K-12 school market.
- Proven leadership capabilities to inspire and lead an organization.
- 3- 5 years’ experience in Marketing, Marketing Communications, Bids and Proposal development or related functions.
- Develop short (3-6 months) & long-term (2-3 years) communications strategies & programs.
- Good business and financial acumen with an ability to translate and match customer requirements with Siemens technical and financial solutions.
- Industry knowledge of the ESCO and Distributed Energy markets, its trends and key financial and organizational influences that support customer investment decisions.
- Ability to tailor Siemens EPS solutions and services to support customer decision making.
- Strong people management and people development capabilities (i.e., holding people accountable and player-coach).
- Ability to collaborate with other Siemens Smart Infrastructure central organizations (Compliance, legal, procurement, etc.) and RSS Zones and branch management and personnel.
- Proven ability to acclimate to a variety of IT tools (i.e., InDesign, HTML, Syncplicity, etc)
- Knowledge of Siemens Financing solutions with ability to match financing programs with customer goals and objectives.
- Proven track record working in a solution-selling environment.
- Able to travel and be in the field with sales teams and customers 20% or more as needed.
Preferred Knowledge/ skills Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, business or related field.
3-5 years in complex sales environments.
Experience in managing marketing and/or bids and proposal personnel and processes.
Must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and must not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Must possess a valid, clean Driver's license in good standing and be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle FAVR program.
Job ID: 187707
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.