Reporting to the Service Operations Supervisor, this position provides technical service to customer Fire Safety systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
· Coordinates with contractors in the process of installation of systems sold by a branch office.
· Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications
· Conducts testing and inspects systems under maintenance agreements.
· Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
· Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
· Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner. Identifies code issues and non-conformance
· Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
· Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material. Participates in On-Call
assignments/ schedules as required.
· Acts as a mentor and provides on-the-job training to lower level Field Service Technicians as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· 2+ years in the installation and maintenance of Fire Safety products.
· NICET II Fire Alarm Certification required (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) within 12
months of hire.
· Strong customer service skills. Good verbal and written communications skills.
· Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs. Ability to lift seventy-five
(75) pounds unassisted.
· Must have valid state drivers license and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required
Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 187726
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.