Siemens is seeking an Associate Project Manager to support our Fire Alarm construction business in the Norcross, GA area. This role is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and budgeting activities and financial reporting relating to new construction or big retrofit projects. The Associate Project Manager participates in the conceptual development of a project and oversees its organization, scheduling, and implementation.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
While under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Associate Project Manager must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties:
• Work with external parties and customers’ Superintendents, Foremen, and Journeymen to plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with assigned projects.
• Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications. Confer with engineering and specialists’ supervisors to discuss such matters as work procedures, scope, and scheduling, as well as work sequence, project-specific safety plans, etc.
• Initiate and maintain relationships with owners and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
• Monitor and control project through administrative direction of on-site union personnel to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
• Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
• Represent the company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
• Work with our internal Financial Business Administration (FBA) team to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationships with the customers.
• Manage the requisition of supplies and materials to complete project.
• Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients.
• Formulate reports on work progress, costs, and scheduling.
• Work with engineers to produce shop drawings and all project deliverables.
• Manage projects to ensure the established budgets are met and ensure that products are manufactured to customer specifications.
• Communicate the company's core value of safety and project-specific safety requirements, goals, and objectives.
• Develop project schedules in collaboration with the Superintendent and in compliance with customer requirements, deadlines, and/or milestones; develop mechanisms to track schedule progress in the field and update the schedule as needed.
• Collaborate with our sales team and the customers to identify any variances from the baseline and determine appropriate course of action to remedy any schedule slippage.
• Communicate schedule updates and any schedule slippage remedies to the customers and gain remedy approvals including any compensation component.
• Provide forecasts to the customer and participate in forecast/budget meetings as required.
• Develop project budget based on the estimate/proposal including the budget breakdown by task and appropriate tracking units; develop cost codes for tasks/units.
• Run reports on projects, tracking cost and billing.
• Collaborate with our Project Procurement Team to manage RFPs for subcontractors, review subcontractor proposals for completeness and scope coverage, and furnish information to complete subcontract agreements including scope of work, pricing, and customer-specific requirements.
• Maintain open communication with the customer and discuss potential future projects.
• Negotiate and approve subcontract scope changes in accordance with all customer contract requirements (the prime contract conditions which flow though the subcontract).
• Break down units and complete take-offs.
• Manage Profit & Loss in assigned projects and monthly financial review meetings.
• Perform accurate estimates.
• Participate in department meetings as requested.
• Perform additional assignments as requested and maintain a teamwork attitude.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required. (Bachelor's Degree in Project / Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, or related field preferred.)
• Required travel: 5%
• Required experience: Demonstrable aptitude required to successfully manage projects related to Fire & Life Safety systems
• Other requirements:
• NICET Level II or above preferred.
• Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
• Must have knowledge of the appropriate codes and standards which govern design and operating requirements.
• Ability to successfully manage assigned projects that meet or exceed project schedule and cost estimate.
• Must be able to provide leadership and input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems
• Ability to learn Title 24 and other related codes required.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of scheduling software, Microsoft Office (including Access and Excel) and MS Project 2013.
• Must have strong verbal and written skills in English.
• Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and be 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens Vehicle Program.
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without needing current or future sponsorship.
• Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
• Competitive compensation.
• Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
• All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
• Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
• Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 187736
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.