Technical Support Engineer
(Eastern Time Zone - Preferred)
Works as member of a global team providing daily technical support to Polarion customers.
Day-to-day communication with customers and internal departments (Development, R&D, Professional Services, Sales, etc) via email and/or phone to answer questions, collect information and resolve issues reported by the customers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience of Technical/Application Support
- Strong knowledge of Subversion, Apache, LDAP/AD
- 2+ years’ experience of Troubleshooting skills
- 1+ year of practical experience in tech support, QA or development
- Experiences with direct communication with customers
- Experience of server administration, and operating systems (Windows or Linux)
- Accurate writing and records keeping
- Understanding of Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer care skills
- Ability to assess customer's IT knowledge levels
- Logical thinker with good analytical and problem-solving skills, be able to find untraditional solutions to resolve customer issues
- Fluent spoken/written English
- Able to work 40 hours per week, and sometimes be on call for an emergency to shift work over a weekend
- Ability to travel 10-20%
- Team player and willing to flex work schedule if needed to cover early or late shifts (30%)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Institution
- Experience with ALM, PLM, IBM Doors, Jira or GIT
- Experience with web technologies, HTML, Java
- Good understand of Java, error messaging, stack traces, etc.
- Opportunity to work in office or remote
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 187758
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.