Job title: System Administrator
With about 4,500 employees, Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited (STS) combines five units: Corporate Technology India, Functional Shared Services, Corporate Finance, Corporate Finance Audit, and Siemens Management Consulting.
Corporate Technology (CT) in India has over 3,000 professionals working in the area of software Research and Development. CT is a part of Siemens Corporate Technology, which is an innovation partner for the Siemens Divisions and shares a point of view in areas of strategic importance to Siemens, thereby ensuring its technological future.
This is your role. What part will you play?
· You Implements innovative Products and Solution Development processes and tools by utilizing his/her Administrating the server farm (hardware servers and virtual machines), release and configuration management of software eco system.
· You will be planning, version management, delivery management, system documentation for end users and project engineers
· You will be closely working with administration of server farm consisting of hardware servers and virtual machines
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
Qualification: BE / B.Tech / MCA / ME / M.Tech
· 2 - 6 years of experience on administration of server farm consisting of hardware servers and virtual machines
· Good Experience in Windows and Linux server administration
· Experience in release planning, version management, delivery management, system documentation for end users and project engineers
· Working knowledge in databases administration like MySQL, Oracle, etc.
· Scripting knowledge in shell, python, perl and basic understanding of web applications
· Good knowledge in IDE’s like Visual Studio, Eclipse
· Good in Version control systems like Git, SVN.
· Advanced knowledge in software delivery lifecycle
· Advance knowledge in CI/CD using GitLab, Jenkins, etc
· Basic level knowledge of software development life cycle.
· Good command over English in written and spoken communication
· Good knowledge in remote debug and troubleshooting
· Experience with Agile/Lean methods using Scrum
· Good knowledge in cyber security will be an added advantage
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Job ID: 187787
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time