The right individual for this job will be responsible for supporting full lifecycle content development as part of a learning team to design and develop courseware and learning solutions targeted primarily towards a high tech workforce. This role will contribute to the development of instructor-led training materials, labs and hands on environments. Former technical training delivery experience is a plus. Additionally, we expect the person to deliver technical training worldwide for business users, system administrators and data operations staff.
Ideal candidates will possess the ability to work independently, remotely and multi-task in very fast-paced, multi-cultural and dynamic environment.
What are my responsibilities?
Job responsibilities would be across the following two areas:
• Develop assigned content so that it aligns to the course specifications
• Integrate the department design standards into all learning content
• Develop training slides and assist with lab guides
• Develop educational course materials, focusing on facilitator-led training and certification
• Attend course/curriculum development team planning discussions and team functions in order to keep apprised of client needs and project status
• Experience with learning design and development software that is used for course development; intermediate skill level required for Adobe Creative/Technical Suite, and Microsoft Office 2007 (such as Word and PowerPoint).
• Manage project timelines
Training Delivery & Technical Know-how
• Deliver stand up training, virtual training and coaching to Siemens customers and partners locally and overseas at remote locations
• Receive a customer satisfaction rating of at least 85% for each course delivered
• Transfer role specific knowledge of Siemens software to customers and partners
• Collaborate across the organization to ensure requirements are being met
• Represent the Siemens standards for customer interactions
• Preferred experience in end user technical training
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Course design and development in a corporate training environment.
• Experience in developing courseware in a highly technical and/or mechanical environment.
• Proven technical training delivery expertise in facilitation, hands on demonstrations, large and small group interactions, group dynamics and questioning strategies.
• Ability to communicate to external audiences without using jargon
• Experience in working both independently and in a collaborative, team-based environment.
• Demonstrated ability to develop, and execute instructional design projects.
• Demonstrated ability to execute initiatives on time and on budget.
• Project management skills and experience in working on and delivering multiple initiatives.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently, manages one’s own work, and stay motivated.
• Ability to work with ambiguity and constant change.
• Comfortable with an iterative approach and stakeholder ownership of materials (collaborative development.)
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Masters Degree preferred (emphasis in training and organizational development)/ BE degree in Computer/Electronics/Electrical Engineering or MCA.
• Prior experience in Meter Data Management and Hadoop.
• Experience in enterprise systems integration, consulting or customer-facing information technology field.
• Experience installing software’s across technologies like Oracle (SQL Queries, PL/SQL), and system administration on Linux (preferred)
• Relevant experience and familiarity with Smart Grid initiatives within Utility company and/or Smart Grid software Delivery Company preferred.
• Experience with CIS, AMI, and/or other relevant “Meter Data Management” value chain applications a plus.