Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate, are you ready to take your next steps in the world of digital services? Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future? So do we, and we think our Digital Academy Programme differs from other schemes. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes start your career with us at Siemens!
The world is becoming ever more connected. Billions of intelligent devices and machines generate massive amounts of data, building a bridge between real and virtual worlds. Digitalisation brings challenges, and opportunities, for all areas of business. An outstanding set of skills is needed to unlock the power of digitalisation, and turn data into value for industry and the customer, which we will help you build. Siemens have launched the Digital Academy, a summer placement and sponsorship programme, which will allow you to unlock your digital potential, and accelerate your career, securing your future in our new ever changing digital world.
This is a rare opportunity to earn money while showing potential to a global innovator! Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, groundbreaking software and ingenious inventions.
Siemens Financial Services Limited (SFS) is a leading provider of innovative finance solutions to UK businesses and public sector organisations. With more than 250,000 customers, we have arranged finance for 90 of the current FTSE 100 companies and more than 50% of NHS trusts and local authorities. We provide solutions ranging from £1,500 to many millions for a diverse range of financing needs.
You would be joining the SFS team as a Digital Academy Intern through three 12 week summer placements. Supporting the existing team in a fully operational role, being involved in both project-based assignments and cross-functional working.
What are my responsibilities?
- Learn specific in-house systems and applications to be able to contribute to future decision-making in process improvement and establishing new technology enabled business models.
- Meet all targets and objectives that have been set by the Line Manager
- Undertake research and offer suggestions for improvement to the placement through own initiative and experiences
- Take a proactive role in participating in team, company and events
- Contribute to your team’s performance in Financial, Strategic, Cultural, and Individual targets centred around the continued high performance of the business and in line with SFS core values
You will be graduating with a 2:1 or above in a Business or Economics related subject or studying towards a degree in any discipline with an interest in Business, technology or Economics.
Work experience in a similar environment would be beneficial but not essential. Confident with the ability and self-determination to drive your own development throughout the programme
What else do I need to know?
Go where this journey takes you. Alongside your role, the Digital Academy Programme will also offer you:
- Opportunity for further summer placements throughout your academic studies
- £3000 per year sponsorship from year 2 of your degree programme
- Summer schools and Digital Academy community events
- Digital training and learning opportunities
- Access to community of digital experts and leaders, and world-class mentors
- Opportunity to join a Graduate Scheme after graduation
The variety of placements on this scheme may require you to travel up to 10% of your time to other offices or locations, all successful intern should have a valid UK Driving license.
The benefits package for this role includes a competitive salary of £17,500 per annum pro-rated for the period of your placement with us. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
We’re looking for forward-thinking standout colleagues with the aptitude and attitude to succeed our world. Think this is you? Join us. Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit phenomenal minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and build what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognises that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 187821
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Financial Services Ltd.
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time