Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Gas and Power Division as a Fluid Systems Design Engineer and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development. Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
As a Fluid Systems Design Engineer, you will be responsible for undertaking design work associated with standard gas turbine package equipment. The work involves concept, basic & detail design work applicable to gas turbine package auxiliary equipment and systems, typically:
- System functional design, based on core engine interface requirements – resulting in Piping and Instrumentation drawings.
- HAZOP studies to ensure functional safety and compliance with relevant codes and standards.
- Sizing and detailed specification of components within the systems, including control valves, instruments and air and oil coolers.
- Integration of these items into a compact gas turbine driver package in several applications
- Concurrent working with the controls software teams to deliver system functionality
- Certification of systems
- Concurrent working with manufacturing teams to optimise design of the equipment
- Instruction/support to Global Customer Order Engineering groups on the use of the standard
- Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance instructions and field staff support
Change the future with us.
You will work in cross functional teams generating and developing potential solutions to Product Requirement Specifications, generated from Sales/Marketing analysis as well as:
- Completion of analytical calculations in support of the equipment designs.
- Completion of design reports & documentation in support of designs and to ensure compliance with European Directives and other international standards.
- Completion of safety analyses in support of above - Risk Analysis/FMEA/HAZID/HAZOP.
- Completion of Purchase specifications for vendor equipment.
- Completion of Vendor design reviews & approval.
- Resolution of issues arising in the supply chain, package manufacture & site installation.
- Support for global contract engineering and manufacturing locations for gas turbine auxiliary equipment.
- Investigation of new technologies relevant to gas turbine packaged equipment.
- Investigation & resolution of field failures. This typically involves data gathering, root cause investigation and solution definition including issuing associated documentation.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering discipline (or equivalent).
- Fluid Systems engineering background with 5 Years minimum experience, is required in a similar role (not necessarily in the gas turbine industry).
Knowledge of gas turbines and their auxiliary system integration is desirable.
- Grid Code experience and compliance with relevant standards and codes.
- Knowledge of the EU Machinery Directive and ATEX and IECEx certification would be an advantage
- Good capabilities in problem solving and analysis / interpretation of engineering data.
- There is a requirement to undertake some national & international travel.
got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens Gas and Power is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions and services make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralized flexible power solutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
Our benefits package includes a generous base salary and we celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Planned changes to our business
In May 2019 Siemens announced that its Gas and Power (GP) business, comprising the company's oil and gas, conventional power generation, power transmission and related services businesses – is to be given complete independence and entrepreneurial freedom through a carveout and a subsequent public listing (spinoff). Plans call for the stock exchange listing to take place by September 2020. We're convinced that this strategic decision will be positive for all participants and enable long-term value creation for customers, employees and shareholders. Click here for more information on the Gas & Power business
Closing date for applications: Friday 24th January
Job ID: 187859
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery Ltd.
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time