We are looking for the very best candidates who are dedicated to working safely, yet efficiently, and can work on many production orders at once. If you take pride in your work and have a ‘can-do’attitude, we want to talk with you!
What is the description of your position?
Perform a wide variety of activities in the warehouse related to the receipt, inspection, processing, storage, distribution and moving of supplies and materials.
- Load and unloads material with forklifts and cranes.
- Removes and disposes of packing, scrap, material, skids and cardboard, etc., in the receiving areas as necessary.
- Works to ensure parts flow to the appropriate locations within the facility, i.e. quality, stockroom, remote warehouse trailer, shipping etc.
- Notifies logistics coordinators or manager of flow or quality problems.
- May work or assists in all areas of the warehouse including material handling, shipping and stockroom.
- Housekeeping and 5S activities which include organizing work area for orderliness at all times, sweeping, dusting, mopping as required to ensure work area is accessible and safe for internal employees and customer traffic
- Use of Manual and Powered Electrical Lifts.
- Inspecting for damage and discrepancies and comparing inbound/outbound shipment to packing lists and bill of lading to ascertain that quantities, destination and processing are correct
- Identifying questionable conditions related to work tasks and communicating them to the appropriate personnel
- Performing cycle counts as required
- Assisting in training new employees as directed
- Working overtime as required
- Frequent lifting is required
- Knowledge of all duties will be cross functional but specific duties may be assigned.
- Manage priorities in order to meet business needs
What are your Required Knowledge/Skills and Experience?
- Minimum of a High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- 2-3 years Forklift experience
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Problem solving skills
- Previous warehouse experience
- Basic computer skills and working knowledge of SAP
- Previous experience moving heavy bulky parts
Flender Corporation, a Siemens company, is a leading global supplier for mechanical drive systems and has the reputation for highest performance, innovation, quality, and reliability of mechanical components for more than 115 years. Flender offers a broad variety of gear units and couplings and associated services, with a focus on key industries such as wind power, cement, mining, oil & gas, power generation, water & wastewater ,marine, conveyor and crane technology. Flender products and services combine the latest technology with extremely high quality and have been reliably providing the optimal transmission of power for decades.
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, Flender unites the stability and process reliability of a global corporation with the customer proximity and pragmatism of a medium-sized company, thus combining the best of both worlds. Our customers value Flender as a reliable partner and a secure investment. All of our business relationships are based on trust, responsibility and traditional business ethics. In this spirit, we are excited to join with our customers in writing the next chapter of the Flender story.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 187890
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Flender Corporation
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.