PET Chemist – Nottingham City Hospital
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers is recruiting for a PET Chemist to assist production and QC testing of radiopharmaceuticals. The role will involve operation of the clean room and associated devices and routine QC testing, environmental monitoring and operation of the associated devices at our cyclotron facility on the Nottingham City Hospital campus.
The role will help to ensure that the requirements of radiopharmaceutical production, Radiation Compliance, Health and Safety, Good Manufacturing Practice and licensing commitments are met.
Part of the Siemens Healthineers, PETNET is at the forefront of radiopharmaceuticals and molecular imaging. We work with some of the world leading research organisations, pioneering new biomarkers and changing nuclear medicine for physicians and patients. With over 50 radiopharmaceutical distribution centres across the world, we are one of the largest PET (Positron Emission Tomography) biomarker producers globally. We are committed to developing innovative PET tracer technologies, thus helping to expand and advance the science of molecular imaging. Our UK sites are growing all the time, attracting expert technicians and scientists from across the industry.
What are my key responsibilities?
- Assist Head of Production by performing production of radiopharmaceuticals within cleanrooms to cGMP.
- Assist the Head of QC to ensure that production and QC activities are performed to the PETNET Quality System in accordance with cGMP.
- Perform cleaning and maintenance of clean room and associated devices
- Assist in the periodic review of PETNET standard operating procedures and writing of new procedures as required.
- Work to a shift pattern for manufacturing according to customer demands and business needs including weekends.
- Assist in facility preparation for MHRA and EA inspections where required.
- Ensure adequate stock levels of consumables are maintained.
- Shipment of dangerous goods according to ADR regulations.
- Ensure ongoing continuous professional development to achieve full awareness and technical knowledge of all current legislation and scientific development associated with PET radiopharmaceuticals and their production.
- Report KPI data to the Facility Manager.
- Report monthly customer doses/missed doses/credits to accounts for monthly billing.
- Work with other PETNET staff to ensure alignment of operational processes and back up capabilities across all PETNET sites.
- Operation of our cyclotron particle accelerator.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- The ideal candidate would have PET radiopharmaceutical production and/or testing experience. Otherwise experience in one of the following would be highly desirable:
- Analytical chemistry methods in a cGMP environment, possibly in the pharmaceutical sector or clean room experience working to cGMP.
- A science degree or equivalent in Chemistry or Radiochemistry would also be beneficial although not essential.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
The successful candidate would be required to work in accordance with a shift pattern which involves routine night and weekend working. In return we offer comprehensive training, a competitive salary, bonus, 26 days holiday and a flexible benefits package that you can tailor to suit your lifestyle, options include: pension scheme, private medical and dental insurance, childcare vouchers and many more.
Information on shifts:
- 10pm to 6am
- 5am to 1pm
- 6am to 2pm
- 15% shift allowance is paid on top of basic salary and generous package
- 1+1/3 Week days
- 1+1/2 Saturdays
- x2 Sundays
Job ID: 187912
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time