Finite Element Solid Stress Developer
The STAR-CCM+ team is seeking a motivated developer to contribute to the development of the STAR-CCM+ finite element solid stress solver. Finite element development is a relatively new extension of STAR-CCM+multi-physics solver family. The traditionally finite volume centric code is being extended to allow optimal discretization for solid mechanics, computational electromagnetics and complex polymeric fluids. This means new challenges, frequent enhancement and re-architecture of established solver components towards efficient finite element support.
The primary goal of the development is to expand the modeling capabilities and support natively such challenging application as fluid structure interactions and coupling to the rest of STAR-CCM+ physics models.
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Design and development of component for solid stress finite element solver including
o Contact modeling
o Fluid-solid coupling
o Shell modeling
o Efficient linear solvers and preconditioners
· Interaction with other STAR-CCM+ teams
· Work in large, geographically distributed teams
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Masters, PhD or equivalent degree in mechanical engineering, applied
math or computer science
· Excellent communication skills
· Good working knowledge of finite element solid stress numerical
· methods (2 years working in finite element domain – master’s or Ph.D.
· Solid C++ development skills (2 years practical C++ development
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience participating in large-scale software development project
· (2 years)
· Practical experience developing industrial C++ code (2 years)
· Good knowledge of algorithms and techniques used in finite element
· Experience with modern CPU optimization, vectorization, shared and
distributed memory parallelization and GPU programming
Job ID: 187943
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.