The Siemens Digital Industries (DI) Finance organization is seeking a Controlling Professional to be an integral member of this highly visible, dynamic and hard-working team. The qualified candidate will possess a BS/BA in Finance or related discipline and have 3-5 years previous experience in Financial Reporting, Budget Planning, and Analysis, ideally in a Multinational Corporate Controlling environment.
Primary responsibility of the position is to contribute to a healthy team environment in a high-performance culture, support the month end closing process, reporting of actual results, analysis and commentary, forecast and budgeting activities, cost center controlling, corporate allocations, and supporting internal/external audit processes. The Controlling Professional will have opportunities to lead business initiatives, finance projects, and directly support Executive Management. The successful candidate will be a key contributor in the DI Performance Controlling team and interested in further pursuing a developmental track within Siemens.
- Performs profitability-, trend- and variance-analysis on Division level, incorporates and validates financial input from Business Units and Segments
- Monitors financial performance, provides KPI analyses, and prepares and comments respective performance reporting and forecasts.
- Develops monthly commentary of actual and forecast information to be used in global reporting packages and for discussion of financial results with US and Global Management
- Ensures proper revenue and cost controlling, and design and maintenance of underlying cost account systems.
- Supports division cost center controlling and support of Function Managers to manage costs and plan budgets
- Manages Finance related transactions with involved internal and external parties.
- Supports internal/external audit engagements ensuring timely submission of requested deliverables at highest standard of reporting
- Reports accurately and timely to accountable management.
- Creates comprehensive presentations for Division Management to present key business data and tell the story behind the numbers
- Dedicated to fostering a high-performance culture and an environment of continuous learning; ensuring appropriate business, technical, and process knowledge shared amongst the team
- Engages in the digital transformation of the divisional Finance organization and embraces change and flexibility
closely with extended finance community
and continuously enhance and improve reporting process and standard reports to
achieve highest data quality and meet any given deadline
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Team oriented; gets along well with others; strong sense of emotional awareness; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably
- Ability to manage up, down, and in all directions without express authority; building appropriate rapport with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated; can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; consistently pushes self and others for results
- Highly proficient in MS office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Highly developed analytical skills and detail-oriented work style
- Ability to gather, structure, consolidate and analyze large amounts of financial information and develop an overarching divisional view, also in graphical format, that describes the key message for Management’s use
- Solid business acumen and ability to interact and communicate with all levels of Management within the Division
- Proven capability of driving standardization and digitalization of financial processes and continuous process and performance improvement
- Advanced knowledge of financial analysis and documentation methods to consolidate and validate large quantity of information and complex business issues
- Ability to effectively manage deadlines and prioritize in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Demonstrably creative; comes up with new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in programming macros and automating reports
- Advanced working knowledge of SAP (FI/CO), Hyperion Essbase, and ThinkCell applications
- CPA, MBA, CMA or other advanced certifications
- Experience in coordinating audits and communication with auditors
- Experience in manufacturing / product distribution industry
Job ID: 187955
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.