Siemens Power Generation Services (SPG) Specialty Field Service performs major repairs, upgrades, maintenance and inspections activities on Siemens Combustion turbines and generators.
The candidate has to apply advanced skills to resolve complex issues not covered by existing procedures or best practices, display a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolutions to high impact, complex and/or cross functional problems.
Skills and background
• Good verbal communication skills with the ability to fluently speak, write, and read in English.
• 2-5 years minimum as a mechanical field service engineer on combustion turbine-generators and associated auxiliary systems.
• Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings and technical documents.
• Mechanical Engineer or similar (Bachelor’s degree)
• Microsoft project knowledge
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software particularly Excel and Word.
• Teamwork (Demonstrated ability to work within teams - conceptualize and socialize ideas, make recommendations and facilitate team consensus to move forward.)
• Planning skills and strong Attention to detail.
• Strong leadership and organizational skills with the ability to lead a crew of mechanics and interface with multiple levels of customer organization.
• Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects or assignments.
• Innovation skills, creativity, willingness to share and explore new ideas.
• Willing to travel (Flexibility and willingness for domestic and international travel ~ 80% sometimes at little or short notice)
• Customer service orientated, client facing skills are a valuable plus.
? Direct teams of field service engineers & technicians and craft labor personnel in the installation, repair maintenance and troubleshooting of combustion turbines and generators at various customer sites.
? Coordinate and manage staffing of project team at customer sites.
? Provide combustion turbine knowledge and expertise to division management, customer management, product line management and suppliers.
? Review and execute customer contract requirements.
? Prepare and forward accurate reports concerning the condition and repairs and recommendations for customer equipment.