Mentor Graphics, a leader in Electronic Design Automation (EDA) and member of the Siemens Group, provides Electronic Design solutions for Integrated Circuits and Semiconductor industries.
The European Finance & Accounting Support Center located in Katowice is responsible for Financial Reporting and Tax requirements for approximately 35 entities in Europe, Israel and Armenia.
The organization provides excellent opportunities for individuals with a broad accounting, audit or tax background to further develop their skills in an international, dynamic hi-tech environment.
You will be responsible for independently preparing financial statements and tax related matters for assigned European Mentor Graphics entities.
This broad and complex role includes the following key responsibilities:
• Calculate IFRS to local GAAP differences and prepare Financial Statements according to local accounting standards (for assigned legal entities)
• Consult with auditors and manage through statutory audit process
• Prepare local statistical reports and national bank reports
• Prepare Tax calculations (VAT, corporate income tax, local business taxes) in cooperation with regional tax departments
• Close cooperation with national accounting/tax firms
• Close interaction with the Siemens Shared Service Center organization
• Provide high quality service to internal organizations and external customers
• Monitor national regulatory changes, local accounting standard modifications and tax law changes and implement accordingly
• Participate in international projects, such as ERP implementation
• Degree in Accounting/Finance, with additional accounting qualifications
• A minimum of 3 years proven operational experience in accounting
• Advanced in Polish and IFRS Accounting Standards (additional Accounting Standards are a plus)
• Experience in a multinational environment or Accounting/Audit firm preferred
• Experience or interest, in the area of tax compliance
• Strong communication and collaboration skills, effective relationship-building ability
• Ability to work independently using own initiative, combined with the motivation to contribute in a dynamic international team environment
• Strong PC/MS Office skills required (professional MS Excel), experience with SAP or similar ERP solutions preferred
• Fluent English is required – additional languages considered a plus
• fixed term employment contract (maternity cover) with attractive salary and benefits packages in a large company with global footprint whereby foreign language classes are provided on an ad hoc, if needed basis;
• comfortable work conditions in a small and professional team with development opportunities in an international environment by adopting accounting experience on foreign accounting standards,
• participation in interesting and challenging projects in a multicultural environment with providing unique opportunities to boost your career within an emerging business service center
Job ID: 187987
Organization: Financial Services
Company: Mentor Graphics Polska Sp. z o.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time