Come be a part of the winning team! Siemens Mobility Inc., Rolling Stock is looking for a structural steel welding expert that can coordinate all weld aspects between design/ engineering, production requirements and inspection capabilities.
- Review weld requirements for carshell structures and interpret weld requirements
- Review/ clarify weld requirements based on parent materials, equipment, fixturing, quality and acceptance requirements
- Define, coordinate, conduct, interpret testing for weld qualification
- Define qualification requirements for welders and welding operators
- Support and direct weld training related to area of responsibility
Requires Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Broad understanding of metallurgy related to welding processes
- Detailed weld definition capability
- Strong weld inspection capability
- Exposure and thorough understanding of all type of weld destructive and nondestructive test methods
- 10 years of highly engineering, complex structural steel systems
- 10 years of weld inspection and/ or weld definition
- 5 years of VT inspection experience on Level 2
- American Welding Society Certified Weld Inspector, preferably Senior CWI
- Welding Engineer degree or equivalent experience in defining weld requirements (at least 10 years)
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Powerpoint and Word
Job ID: 188022
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.