Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking a Systems Specialist to support our Building Automation HVAC Controls group in the Los Angeles and Orange County Areas. The Systems Specialist coordinates, implements and/or performs technical product support for building automation systems that have been newly installed at customer sites. This role reports to the Solutions Operations Supervisor and will focus on hospitals, universities, museums, and pharmaceutical facilities.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Acts as a technical resource to team and customer as needed.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
- May participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or building management.
- Performs checkout of building automation systems, which includes point verification, programming, sequence of operation checkout, and verification.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications, and codes to determine project requirements and risks; provides value engineering ideas and details.
- Generates database of programmed DDC points for the controller.
- Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and Lead System Specialist for use in commissioning and validation.
- Participates and may help develop system graphics.
- Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job-related information.
- Performs field activities as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 15%
- Required experience: Demonstrable electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) needed to be successful in this role.
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Associate degree in Electronics or other technical field preferred.
- Preferred experience: Experience installing, programming, and servicing building automation controls systems preferred; candidates with such experience will receive preference over candidates with other electrical/mechanical skills.
- Other preferences:
- Integration experience such as Modbus and BACnet a plus.
- IT experience a plus.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401(k) match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 188028
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.