Siemens is seeking a Support Specialist to assist with the start-up and troubleshooting of building automation control systems, point-to-point checkout of devices, and creating graphics at customer sites.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Participates in routine product support to customers on-site.
- Educates customers on product knowledge.
- Provides support to the product design group regarding solutions for customers with routine product needs.
- Identifies problems as they occur and suggests appropriate solutions.
- Seeks advice and guidance from other team members regarding non-routine or problem areas.
- Participates in the implementation and/or performs startup and commissioning for equipment that has been newly installed.
- Assists with the routine performance of System Preparation, startup & commissioning:
- Provides assistance to the engineering group to create and/or verify point database.
- Supports the upload of point database.
- Assists with the modification of graphics
- Network Technologies:
- Participates with verification of point database that they are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence.
- Contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed.
- Assist with the set up and configuration of PC workstations and user interfaces.
- Project Site Communication and Coordination:
- May provide support to others with the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed.
- Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance:
- Runs routine reports to review system operation.
- Technical issues will be reviewed with manager and customer to decide best course of action.
- Participates in final inspection and testing.
- Supports the assurance of customer acceptance.
- Assists with training of customers on system operations.
- Completes and submits routine written reports.
- Provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
- Develops engineering submittals, including Facility Systems Business Rules (FSBR) submissions that are specific to this account. Engineering development includes AUTOCAD drawings, riser and network diagrams, electrical and controls drawings, and other necessary documentation.
- Participates in meetings with owner, facility operator, mechanical/electrical contractors and other stakeholders.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required.
- Required experience: Demonstrable electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) needed to be successful in this role.
- Required amount of travel: 20%
- Other Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan and have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without current or future need for sponsorship.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools, laptop, smartphone, and tablet.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers.
- Must have excellent communication skills in English.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Associate degree or 1-2 years of vocational training preferred.
- Preferred knowledge, skills, or expertise:
- Proficiency with MS Office preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD preferred.
- Experience verifying and documenting installation of equipment, working on construction sites, and/or working with building automation systems is preferred and will receive preference.
- Experience with HVAC installation, troubleshooting and start-up (residential or commercial) and/or electrical components (e.g. relays, communication wiring, power supplies, low voltage, etc.) preferred.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401(k) match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 188030
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.