Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock Division is seeking an experience Financial Analyst to join the team. In this role you will be asked to complete the analysis of financial results to determine accuracy and completeness of information. You will flawlessly prepare various financial reports and compile as well as review financial plans and budgets. This is a high impact role in a growing organization. This role is based in Sacramento, California
- Performs complex financial and operational analysis to support short term and long range strategic plans and operating budgets.
- Evaluates data, prepares forecasts, analyzes trends and presents results pertaining to sales, operations, manufacturing, information systems, general business conditions and other areas.
- Adapts new developments in the field of finance planning and control. Utilizes computers and other tools in the creation, display and reproduction of charts, graphs and models relative to the operations of the assigned organization and advises management as assigned.
- Serves as a recognized organization expert in specialized technical area of finance. Develops or engages others in developing conceptual solutions to complex, non routine problems and issues in a highly specialized area.
- Consults with and advises assigned management regarding advanced planning, consolidation and reporting issues. Works directly with business partners to provide budgeting, project, and asset management analysis.
- Performs complex financial analyses, prepares related presentations and presents results including compilation and review of financial plans and budgets, taking into consideration actual performance, previous expenditures and estimated income and expenses.
- Carries out financial analysis at multiple complexity levels including rate of return, depreciation, working capital, investments, budgeting, cost analysis, bid, job analysis and financial and expense performance comparisons. Identifies and communicates internal control issues for assigned area(s).
- Independently researches, acquires expertise, and develops solutions for advanced business problems and issues. Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with most situations.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex financial problems including the creations of financial models, development and testing of multiple scenarios and outcomes and provides feedback to assist in management decisions as directed.
- Directs or participates on major projects with significant business impact. Effectively coaches and communicates with team members. Develops detailed project plans and optimizes the use of time and resources in achieving desired results.
- Monitors implementation and results to ensure desired project outcomes. May assist with the review and evaluation of personnel performance under guidance of management. Reviews and analyzes financial reporting processes to identify potential improvements.
- May participate on Top+ team, involvement in development and rollout of new processes or procedures and acts as division rep on committees or task forces. Represents the organization as an internal and external contact and interacts and advises management on significant technical matters. Ensures all work is compliant with Siemens policies and procedures; financial information is prepared in accordance with GAAP and Siemens and Siemens Building Technologies accounting guidelines
- Demonstrates significant knowledge of organizations technologies, business practices, issues faced, and problem resolution.
- Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high impact, complex, and/or cross functional problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Experience with integrated financial systems and Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks and multi-task.
- Ability to work within a team and cross-functional teams as needed
- Rolling Stock Experience
Job ID: 188032
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.