The Senior Buyer supports the business through proactive management of the day-to-day Supply Chain Management activities to ensure business continuity. The role is responsible for Sourcing, Supplier Selection, Supplier Management, Purchase Order placement and continuous support of the business goals. It requires a close cooperation with external and internal suppliers, as well as with all internal functional areas-primarily Engineering, Marketing and Order Management.
This position includes driving all SCM activities related to the service of our Steam Turbine and Generator fleet in North America. It contains strategic initiatives, but also tactical tasks.
This position is located in Trenton, NJ.
- Define commodity strategies for assigned purchasing spend.
- •Processes the Purchase Order Requisitions in assigned queue for pricing or Purchase Order issuance in accordance with required strategies.
- •Obtain information from suppliers in order to complete supplier setups (SAP, Approved Supplier Database, etc)
- •Participates in the Supplier Qualification Process for new suppliers of key major components
- •Prepares and conducts negotiations required for issuing Purchase Orders
- •Coordinates with Engineering the evaluation of technical proposals
- •Ensures compliance with SIEMENS buying guidelines.
- •Generates Purchase Orders in SAP based on the Requisition and obtains order acknowledgement.
- •Identify potential problems and proactively address.
- •Understand the contract/project deliverables and enact plans for delivering them.
- •Supports the resolution of Supplier Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs) in alignment with the Supplier Quality Manager.
- •Manages supplier On Time Delivery (OTD).
- •Performs Supplier Evaluations and Supplier Development Plans for the assigned commodities, including establishing supplier score cards.
- •Support resolutions of GR/IR issues and other exceptions to established rules
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Typically, five (5) to eight (8) years minimum of successful experience in related procurement field, ideally in the area of machined parts and/or outsourced services as grinding and coating
•BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree.
•Strong customer service focus, written and oral communication in English.
•Advanced Microsoft capabilities (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
•Strong knowledge of purchasing fundamentals including solicitation of bids and negotiation.
•Experienced with NCC resolution, claims management and On Time Delivery improvement with suppliers
•Effective teamwork and collaboration.
•Ability to access priorities, demonstrate flexibility and understand the sense of urgency.
•Self-motivated, demonstrate problem solving abilities, continuous improvement and decision making skills.
•Ability to read and understand technical drawings, specifications and blueprints.
•Work will be based out Trenton, NJ, occasional travel of 10-15% may be required domestically.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 188038
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Demag Delaval Turbomachinery, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.