Siemens Smart Infrastructure is growing! We are currently looking for an experienced Fire Alarm Estimator to support our Fire Alarm Solutions and Service Sales Group located in San Antonio, TX. The Fire Alarm Estimator is a critical role in the sales organization. This role is relied upon to be a subject matter expert in Siemens fire alarm systems and national, state and local codes. The Fire Alarm Estimator reports directly to the Branch General Manager and will provide estimating support to account executives, account managers and business development managers.
- Develop and maintain deep technical understanding of Siemens fire alarm and MNS components and operation
- Develop and maintain deep understanding of national, state and local code requirements for fire alarm and MNS
- Assist with site checks to gather required information needed for estimates and/or sales presentations
- Interpret specifications to determine requirements of contract documents
- Take-off device counts from engineered drawings
- Create a device layout for code compliant fire alarm systems
- Take-off device counts from design-build drawings
- Determine panel and ancillary components required to create complete fire alarm systems and/or mass notification systems (MNS)
- Generate bill of materials (BOM)
- Collect information from other functions, vendors, and subcontractors to complete estimates as needed
- Coordinate wiring requirements with subcontractors on turn-key projects
- Complete cost estimates
- Write scope narratives and clarifications
- Identify inclusions and exclusions
- Complete first draft of proposal and deliver to Sales
- Document cost and estimating activities to ensure timely booking submittal when an order is received
- Respond quickly to Sales to ensure timely proposal response to customers
- Act as subject matter expert, providing code and technical consulting to the sales organization and customers as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
1. Required education: high school diploma, state-accredited GED, or state-recognized high school placement exam.
2. Demonstrable ability to comprehend, explain, and estimate labor and materials associated with the type of electrical infrastructure required for fire alarm systems and mass notification systems. This understanding could come from working other related roles in the fire alarm industry, or even from performing other estimating roles from other segments of the electrical industry
3. Ability to collaborate and work with all levels of management.
4. Sound decision making and clear communication with all other departments.
5. Must have a successful track record of promoting teamwork and positive relationships.
6. Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
7. Demonstrable ability to perform quoting and estimating functions.
8. Requires technical and financial expertise with an aptitude to learn and competently use company estimating tools as well as gain an understanding of value engineering, related contractual concepts, and financial acumen.
9. Excellent oral, and written communication skills.
10. Ability to travel 5% of the time.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
1. One to three years of designing fire alarm systems.
2. Local connections with San Antonio electrical contractors.
3. Knowledge of Siemens fire alarm and MNS products.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for
employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer
sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United
Job ID: 188045
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.