Job title: Infrastructure Engineer
With about 4,500 employees, Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited (STS) combines five units: Corporate Technology India, Functional Shared Services, Corporate Finance, Corporate Finance Audit, and Siemens Management Consulting.
Corporate Technology (CT) in India has over 3,000 professionals working in the area of software Research and Development. CT is a part of Siemens Corporate Technology, which is an innovation partner for the Siemens Divisions and shares a point of view in areas of strategic importance to Siemens, thereby ensuring its technological future.
This is your role. What part will you play?
· Design, setup, and maintain core infrastructures that run the business’s online softwares/platforms/applications
· Identifies and uses OTS automation frameworks/tools or develops SW to automate the deployment, management, and monitoring of Cloud/ web-based business services and platforms
· Enables continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) of the artifacts to test as well as production
· Designs/configures deployment tools, to enable auto-scaling, auto-healing of the critical infrastructure
· Works with operations manager to define operations processes to meet required SLAs
· Works with operations manager to define process for RCA and preventing recurrent defects
· Automates monitoring with tools to enable reactive service notifications, preemptive
· Monitors the performance and reliability of the deployed software/platforms/applications
· Creates and provides the teams with the infrastructure for diagnostics in case of errors
· Troubleshoots high priority issues related to the deployment, infrastructure as quickly as possible
· Works as part of the development team to provide infrastructure for deployment
· Provides technical analysis to improve reliability and performance
· Maintains and supports the CI/CD pipelines
· Automate application build and deployment pipelines.
· Cloud network architectures and the integration with hybrid cloud networking
· Linux OS engineering, management, and troubleshooting
· Configuring and troubleshooting IPsec & SSL VPN solutions
· Works with network operating systems – CISCO IOS, firewall concepts and rules
· AWS Network infrastructure analysis and troubleshooting
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
Qualification: BE / B.Tech / MCA / ME / M.Tech
· Years of Experience: 4-8 years
· Cloud Platforms: AWS - -- EC2, VPC, ROute 53, Loadbalancers, ECS, API gateway, Lambda, S3, IAM (roles and policies), RDS, Cloudfront, Direct Connect VPN, Cloudwatch, Cloudtrail, Auto Scaling, WAF, Systems Manager
· Deployment Tools: Cloudformation, Terraform, Packer, Atlas/Spinnaker
· Infrastructure: VMs, Docker, Kubernates
· Build Tools: Jenkins, Jenkins Plugins
· Monitoring Tools: Cloudwatch, Zipkin
· Networking – CISCO routing protocols, ACL, NAT, TCP/IP
· SW Development:
· Languages: Bash scripting, Python
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Job ID: 188056
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time