The Accounting Operator will support the Smart Infrastructure business (building automation, fire and security systems) throughout the US. The position works closely with Sales and Operations associates to ensure accuracy and completeness of the booking and billing activities. Book new business orders to accounts in preparation for project or service agreement execution. Review contract and all booking package support to accurately capture the order details in preparation for execution. Support credit review resolution, certificate of insurance filing, and tax status clarification. Execute billable events and produce and deliver invoices to our customers. Review purchase orders, work orders and gather all necessary documentation to establish and execute the timely recording of invoicing transactions. Good organizational, analytical, and verbal and written communication skills.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Book new business orders
- Review contracts and all booking package support to accurately capture the orders
- Maintain customer account master data
- Prepare and submit certificate of insurance requests
- File tax exemption certificates
- Complete invoice processing and delivery.
- Work with location project managers and coordinators to compile documentation in support of completed billing events
- Review client purchase orders to ensure invoicing accuracy and acceptance
- Review and confirm billable employee time and materials related to service call tickets.
- Submit invoicing data thru client directed web-based procure-to-pay portals
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations, both internal and external
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: Associate Degree in Business, Accounting or related field.
- Required experience: Five years of experience in an accounting or finance capacity.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines and schedules.
- Ability to collaborate as needed as well as work independently.
- Clear and confident communication skills both written and oral in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools; Comfortable with Excel formulas & pivot tables.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or related field.
- Three years of SAP experience preferred.
- Construction industry experience.
- Ability to read and understand contracts
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source - with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Job ID: 188146
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.