Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of Engineering ? Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future in Materials ? So do we. We believe our graduate programme differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes start your career with us at Siemens!
This is a rare opportunity to earn whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Embark on your graduate programme whilst taking part in our fantastic graduate development programme. We’ll create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it you’ll be set up with great knowledge to equip you for your professional career within Siemens.
- Ability to understand how materials planning and forecasting integrates with preventative maintenance programmes.
- Ability to determine the provision of materials to support corrective maintenance through the life cycle of our fleet.
- Providing material support within project teams planning for major overhauls and modifications to our fleets of trains.
- Appreciation of stock control systems:
- Cormap, Equinox and SAP, how these systems integrate with forecasting systems to purchase materials in time for future maintenance.
- Supporting the development of digital solutions enhancing the data we us to make better informed decisions in the future on stock provisioning.
- Supporting sales with bids for new trains and modifications to existing fleets. Providing data on material provisioning, warehousing and logistics.
- Integrating with materials team based at maintenance depot locations across the UK. Assisting enhancing materials process and standard operating procedures, simplifying process flows and taking out nonvalue added activities.
- Spend time with central logistic partner seeing how the central hub supports Warehousing, Logistics and Forecasting to each of our maintenance facilities across the UK.
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds.
- Be a recent or new graduate with any degree, but you must show a passion for material provisioning. Make sure no degree grades are on here – can we try to stay as open as possible to more degree backgrounds? Also try to keep nice and simple.
- Are up for traveling as part of this rotational position. We want you to experience the different sites and areas of our business, so each placement may be in different UK locations
- Have some experience/work-experience/internship in a material-related department, but it’s not essential
What else do I need to know?
You will need to go where this journey takes you. Alongside your role, the graduate development programme www.siemens.co.uk/grads will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Engineering. Join us and apply now.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £28,000 per annum, plus an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit. A London Weighting allowance will also be offered.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
Job ID: 188176
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time