Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of Digitalisation? Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future in Operations? So do we. We believe our intern development programme differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes start your career with us at Siemens!
This is a rare opportunity to earn whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Embark on your 12 month placement with us whilst taking part in our fantastic intern development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you to develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it you will be set up with the best knowledge to equip you for your professional career in Digital Operations.
- Build your network - You will have the opportunity to work alongside a diverse and international group of experienced professionals on complex and varied projects, while learning about what really matters to our customers and our business. You’ll work with great people and learn fast.
- Kickstart your career - Tackling business critical topics, you’ll engage in a broad range of work, for example:
- Develop your knowledge of data services by taking on development of customer-facing applications
- Gain experience in IT project and Digital service management
- Gain first-hand experience working with cloud-based IT and computing infrastructure
- Combine engineering or product design with coding skills to develop new solutions
- Take an idea from design to development to customer release, gaining experience in the complete lifecycle.
- Learn what it means to work backwards from customer requirements to solution architecture, design, development, release planning and implementation
- Work with experienced engineers and developers to put your skills to the test in the development of valuable use-cases
- Requirement analysis, gathering information and identifying stakeholders to support business objectives.
- Supporting the Service Desk, ensuring customers and user get the best experience possible.
- Gain a valuable insight - A brilliant technology strategy won’t help unless it’s implemented properly. You’ll work on live projects with complex scenarios and learn how to work efficiently to realise success.
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds.
- You are a university student studying towards any undergraduate degree
- You have a deep interest in data and real-world applications
- You are customer focused and results-driven
- You are open to travel and to spend time at one of our main maintenance locations in Crawley, Northampton, or Southampton
- You may have already developed interests or projects into solutions, you might have a Github repository or a Blog where you’re sharing your results with the community
What else do I need to know?
You will need to go where this journey takes you. Alongside your role, the intern development programme www.siemens.co.uk/interns will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Digital Operations . Join us and apply now.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £17,500 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
Job ID: 188182
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time