Manager, Point of Care (POC) Technical Operations/Business Excellence
This position manages the Business Excellence and Technical Operations responsibilities supporting Point of Care (POC) manufacturing at the East Walpole facility. The individual in this role will drive the Business Excellence culture change through day to day contact with the Business as well as engagement with other stakeholders both internally and externally. Additionally, as leader of technical operations, the successful candidate must be able to make authoritative decisions and recommendations that have a major impact on current production & improvement activities. Exercise a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding extensive customer focused programs.
The primary responsibility is to deploy the business improvement strategy and lead the Technical Operations function into team and individual targets, drive improvement in all activities and encourage, coach and mentor all staff in these methodologies. This position is based in Walpole, MA and reports to the Director of POC Manufacturing.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead Technical Operations in Walpole planar sensor manufacturing processes including Root Cause investigations, Validations, and other internal processes. Performs other related duties as assigned
• Drive process measurement initiatives, including scorecards and other metrics, used to drive process improvements aimed at preventing field corrections related to manufacturing processes
• Develop and deliver the improvement strategy for the business / sites with a key focusing on Coaching, Leading and facilitating the skills required. The measure of success will be individuals from all functions being able to lead and implement these activities on their own.
• Develop and deliver the site Healthineers Performance System (HPS) program Including the deployment of relevant training / coaching required to support this program
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Experience: Master’s degree in chemistry with 2 to 5 years electrochemistry experience during or beyond the degree, or a bachelor’s degree in chemistry with 5 to 7 years’ experience in electrochemistry
• Experience working with Siemens blood gas analyzers and whole blood
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team environment
• Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Project, Excel and Word, and good oral and written communication skills
• Willing to work in a bio-hazardous environment and adhere to ISO and safety standards
• Maintain currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems
• Knowledge of management principles and practices
• Travel may be up to 10% for this position
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills and adept at establishing interpersonal relationships.
• Proven ability to work in a team environment, balancing compliance risk with business need.
• Proven ability to identify and implement improvements in manufacturing and quality processes that are efficient, sustainable and compliant.
Job ID: 188189
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.